ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Correct settings for Z790 and Intel microcode£

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 21 minutes ago at 11:05pm
baseline is more conservative, so i don't think you damaged anything by using that. you can see in the image I posted a few posts up. With default profile it will probably run a bit hotter than the baseline profile does, so tweaking the voltage for an undervolt is probably needed, esp since you had to on baseline.

the microcode will be loaded no matter what, but I think you can 'override' it with your settings.

With i5, vCore should be nowhere near the critical level, and the multiplier is also 53 or lower, so a lot less worries than i9.
Chirayata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chirayata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 45 minutes ago at 1:41pm
Ya by override I think you mean the option to switch to x104 microcode.

Also my i5 mostly hovers around 1.32v avg VID with peak at 1.42v, and around 1.28v avg Vcore with peak at 1.37v while playing games.

My custom settings are:

CPU Vcore Compensation Level 1
PL1 and PL2 125w
Iccmax 200A
ACLL 0.75, DCLL 1.10
LLC Level 5
Chirayata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chirayata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 44 minutes ago at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Darkje Darkje wrote:

baseline is more conservative, so i don't think you damaged anything by using that. you can see in the image I posted a few posts up. With default profile it will probably run a bit hotter than the baseline profile does, so tweaking the voltage for an undervolt is probably needed, esp since you had to on baseline.

the microcode will be loaded no matter what, but I think you can 'override' it with your settings.

With i5, vCore should be nowhere near the critical level, and the multiplier is also 53 or lower, so a lot less worries than i9.

Ya by override I think you mean the option to switch to x104 microcode.

Also my i5 mostly hovers around 1.32v avg VID with peak at 1.42v, and around 1.28v avg Vcore with peak at 1.37v while playing games.

My custom settings are:

CPU Vcore Compensation Level 1
PL1 and PL2 125w
Iccmax 200A
ACLL 0.75, DCLL 1.10
LLC Level 5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic