ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Having trouble with enabling TPM 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlprStim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Having trouble with enabling TPM 2.0
    Posted: 12 hours 34 minutes ago at 6:46am
My friend is having trouble with enabling TPM 2.0 or at least having windows recognize it. They're getting the "compatible tpm cannot be found" in tpm.msc, when ftpm amd thing is on in their bios with secure boot and GPT disk. Secure boot is showing as enabled in their system information. One thing i found is that their CPU is a Ryzen 5 2600 pinnacle type CPU and they are on a 2.9 version of their bios which says on the AsRock website that "*ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if Pinnacle, Raven or Summit Ridge CPU is being used on your system." Would that be the reason of the fault? Should I tell them to downgrade/is that even possible? I was looking at another post on here about pinnacle CPUs on bios versions that don't "recommend" it and it seems they didn't have any problems, but I'm wondering if this would be one of those niche problems that could happen. They are on BIOS Version 2.9 and have a ASROCK B450M Steel Legend board.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic