ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Boot up Screen and no power to KB and Mouse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote venura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Boot up Screen and no power to KB and Mouse
    Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 2:37am
Hi,

I just assembled TR build but it is showing boot screen. I also noted that mouse and keybord is not getting power from USB 3.0 ports. However, fans of the NZXT 500i (via smart unit), EVGA GForce 1060 SSC , EVGA 280 Liquid cooler fans, ASRock MOBO RGB are illuminating. Dr Debug is not giving any error codes as well.
I checked all power connecters including 24 pin , 8 pin and 4 pin powered via EVGA 1000W gold PSU.

Processor is TR 1920X.
MOBO X399 Taichi.

Please help.
venura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote venura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 6:08am
Also I noted that code "00" blink five times and then goes away.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 6:58am
Code 00 most likely means bad or misplaced CPU.

Check and rw-install the CPU. Also, check all cables incl. aux ones. Inspect the mobo pins for bent ones.

TR give tough times installing them right the first time.
venura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote venura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 8:47am
If there is an error, Dr. Debug supposed to display it continuously right? My case when powered on it blink couple of times and go away.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 2:36pm
Well, codes should stay lit, but I've heard of numerous cases where they don't.

Before re-seating the CPU, try with just one stick of RAM. Make sure you take it out an re-insert it a couple of times. DDR4 can mislead you for being latched properly.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 12:30am
00 is typically "CPU not detected". TR4 sockets are notoriously tricky to install a CPU into.
venura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote venura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 3:29am
I think the problem is with the MOBO. It has a faulty TR4 socket. Screws 3 and 2 were defective from the beginning ( I took a [URL=https://youtu.be/88lAysBlrUA]Video[/URL] ) . I was optimistic and went forward with the built since i was waiting for more than two months to get the MOBO (every time i checked ,It was out of stock). Such a disappointment   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic