ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New build - not powering up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golfcart22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New build - not powering up
    Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 1:05pm
Z390 Taichi Ultimate Motherboard
i9-9900k cpu
Corsair H100i cooler
TridentZ DDR4-4000 memory (4 sticks 8gig - model on supported list)
OCZ 900w power supply

HELP!

Just swapped swapped out a working i7-4790 MB/CPU/RAM with the setup above and nothing will post or power on. I see NO numbers on the debug display. The only thing I see the the bright white light in the center of the board going on and off. Yes, the video card (1080TI) is connected and powered.

I have tried the following...
1 stick of ram only in slot A1
unplugged all sata connectors
re-seated the CPU
all fans includeing CPU are connected to power
Yes - 4/8 pin cpu power cable from the PSU is connected to the MB.

Really at my wits end and need some help. Anyone have any ideas or need more information from me first?

Please help,
Tony
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 11:44pm
Any fans trying to turn, even briefly? PS Fan running ? Use a DVM to verify voltages are present when PS is powered up, use the paperclip test;
https://www.wikihow.com/Check-a-Power-Supply
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 12:12am
Double check all your connections, paying particular attention to your front panel connectors. Check the Clear CMOS jumper and make sure is isn't set to clear and if all else fails, pull the board from the case and make sure there were no shorts under the board. While you have it out, test it outside the case.

Good luck
golfcart22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golfcart22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 12:19am
Thanks for the tips and will try this later after I return home from work and report back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golfcart22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 2:08pm
Turns out I had a bad PSU. <case closed>

Have another question but didnt want to open another thread - can someone please tell me where the second USB 2.0 port is located on this Motherboard? The manual and spec state there are two - yet I can only find one ?

Thanks
Tony
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 10:46pm
They should be next to each other , to the left of Dr Drbug display
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golfcart22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 12:17am
Still have yet to find it but I fixed my issue by adding an internal 2.0 ISB hub from NZXT.

Thanks everyone - have a new issue with RAM but will start a new thread.

Tony
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic