ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dual Channel Not Working on my Z97 anniversary

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syslog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dual Channel Not Working on my Z97 anniversary
    Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 12:21am
My Specs:

CPU: Inter(R) Core(TM) i5-4690k
Board: Asrock z97 Anniversary Edition
RAM: HyperX Fury DDR3 1866mhz 4gb x 2 (not a kit) (HX318C10F/4)
GPU: GeForce GTX 750 Ti

So here's the story, when i bought my PC (2 months ago), my budget was very limited. So, i opted to go with a single DDR3 memory module (HyperX Fury 4gb 1866mhz) and planned to buy another later down the road. That happened yesterday, bought 1 exactly like it (even the color "Blue"). But, i wasn't able to place them on both blue slots nor both black. (A1-B1 and A2-B2), neither of them let me boot to bios. However, I am able to boot to bios when i placed the dimms on B1-B2 but not A1-A2. As i see on the bios, it detects that my memory installed is 8gb but on a single channel. Tested both dimms and they are working fine. I am able to boot to bios while using just one dimm. Although, i haven't tested all the dimm slots.

My questions are, i should be able to use them for dual channel, am i right? Or maybe i bought the wrong kind of memory for my board? Does buying a "Kit" matters when wanting to have a dual channel or what i bought is "just right" and there may be something wrong with my board?

Thanks

Edited by syslog - 30 Oct 2015 at 12:22am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic