ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD and Intel Graphics Card
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Restarts since i have Radeon Rx 580

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unplugged909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Restarts since i have Radeon Rx 580
    Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 1:57pm
Hi, i need some help with mi PC, since i bought this new GPU Asrock Radeon Rx 580 8 gb i start having some random resets while im playing games (Rocket League and Dead by Daylight), i can recreate the problem every time i want using the Heaven benchmark in any quality above low (sometimes resets de PC, sometimes freezes it and sometimes i got a BSOD saying "thread stuck in device driver"), this isnt a CPU or GPU temperature problem, i'd been checking those while doing the benchmarks tests and never went above 50°C for the CPU and 75°C for the GPU, i even can run Furmark benchmark in a complete test for the GPU (reaching 85°C) without restarts... but it is something with those games and Heaven benchmark that makes my PC fail. Naturally since i saw that error code in the blue screen i tried to update everything, i started with the GPU Drivers, and as the problem didnt solve i updated everything else (windows 10, Motherboard drivers, BIOS, etc). then i tried reinstalling windows 10 from scratch and then updating every driver (using DDU)... even asked for a PSU to a friend just to be sure that mine wasnt the problem (i have a 800W PSU).
im in my last try to verify if indeed is a driver problem installing windows 8.1 and seeing if that solves the problem. but if anyone had a similar issue with his GPU it would be a huge help any data that could solve mine.

my PC specs:
Motherboard: MSI B350M PRO-VH PLUS
CPU: RYZEN 5 1600
RAM: HYPERX 8GB 2400
GPU: Asrock Radeon Rx 580 8 gb OC/M Phantom Gaming
Storage: Hard Drive 1 TB

i didnt overclocked GPU or CPU for those who are wondering

thanks
cheetahmen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheetahmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by unplugged909 unplugged909 wrote:

Hi, i need some help with mi PC, since i bought this new GPU Asrock Radeon Rx 580 8 gb i start having some random resets while im playing games (Rocket League and Dead by Daylight), i can recreate the problem every time i want using the Heaven benchmark in any quality above low (sometimes resets de PC, sometimes freezes it and sometimes i got a BSOD saying "thread stuck in device driver"), this isnt a CPU or GPU temperature problem, i'd been checking those while doing the benchmarks tests and never went above 50°C for the CPU and 75°C for the GPU, i even can run Furmark benchmark in a complete test for the GPU (reaching 85°C) without restarts... but it is something with those games and Heaven benchmark that makes my PC fail. Naturally since i saw that error code in the blue screen i tried to update everything, i started with the GPU Drivers, and as the problem didnt solve i updated everything else (windows 10, Motherboard drivers, BIOS, etc). then i tried reinstalling windows 10 from scratch and then updating every driver (using DDU)... even asked for a PSU to a friend just to be sure that mine wasnt the problem (i have a 800W PSU).
im in my last try to verify if indeed is a driver problem installing windows 8.1 and seeing if that solves the problem. but if anyone had a similar issue with his GPU it would be a huge help any data that could solve mine.

my PC specs:
Motherboard: MSI B350M PRO-VH PLUS
CPU: RYZEN 5 1600
RAM: HYPERX 8GB 2400
GPU: Asrock Radeon Rx 580 8 gb OC/M Phantom Gaming
Storage: Hard Drive 1 TB

i didnt overclocked GPU or CPU for those who are wondering

thanks

Have you tried your RX580 on your friend's PC?

I doubt RX580 has a problem, I mean a hardware problem.
cheetahmen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheetahmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 4:32pm
Bring it to an Asrock service provider and have it checked.
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 1:44am
you didn't list your power supply .. insufficient power to your components when under load can reek havoc on your system
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
moonstarmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moonstarmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 10:31pm
Go into Wattman and manually set your Fan Speed. I recommend at least 55% RPM when going over 60C. I will warn you, anything over 50% RPM can get loud.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic