ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > HTPC & Mini PC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deskmini A300-STX Ubuntu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokstar3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deskmini A300-STX Ubuntu
    Posted: 22 May 2019 at 12:21am
I recently bought an A300-STX to use as a media server. I am trying to install Ubuntu Server 18.04 but as it starts to boot from disc it will fail and the screen will go black. I updated to the latest BIOS - 3.40, but that didn't help either. I also tried to boot from a USB drive but it failed as well.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:53pm
I would give a quick windows install a shot to rule out Kernel issues. If that gets you into an OS then you need to check with the distro forums and see if anyone has a fix/update for you.

If you can't get windows to boot then we need to look at other factors. Given it is a bare bones system your main culprits would be RAM (possibly not fully compatible or defective), CPU or storage. Could you provide full system specs so we know what you are working with?

Good luck
guest22052019 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guest22052019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 8:59pm
Try ubuntu 19.04

As far a I know, you have to use Kernel 5.0 and above.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic