ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M Pro4+Ryzen 2400G black screen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote playerum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M Pro4+Ryzen 2400G black screen
    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 1:05am
Hi!

I've installed Window 10 64 bit (1903), made all the updates and then the driver win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.6.3-june27.exe, after restarting the screen got black, I can hear the Windows sound.

Tried to reset the graphic driver with Win+Ctrl+Shift+B, but did not work.

I already made a fresh install and all the Windows updates, just waiting for the driver...

Any suggestion?

My setup:
ASRock B450M Pro4 (BIOS P1.60)
Ryzen 5 2400G
2 x Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB DDR4-3200 Grey BLS8G4D32AESBK
1 SSD (Windows)
1 HD (files)
* I set the memory to 3200Mhz and did not change anything else

Regards,
_Mael_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Mael_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 2:06am
Install latest chipset drivers from Amd
playerum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote playerum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 5:20am
Hi, I got the driver (19.6.3) from below, but didn't work!

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-desktop-processors-radeon-vega-graphics/amd-ryzen-5-0

Then I got the driver from ASRock AMD-AllIn1(v19.10.08_19H1_WHQL).zip and did not work too!
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M%20Pro4/#Download

Bios update?
playerum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote playerum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 7:23pm
Dude, this is unbelievable!

I spent more than 6 hours to find out that the problem is the VGA monitor that loses the signal when the AMD drivers are installed (10 year LCD monitor).

Yesterday, after almost going into depression, I raised my hands to heaven and asked for divine help... I am joking...

But seriously, I was giving up and I thought and if I test on my TV??? And it worked!

It could get worse I know, but why does this happen? Any logical explanation?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 3:14am
What interface does it use? HDMI has multiple standards, not all are properly backward compatible. Either way, I am glad to see you found the problem. You can try an HDMI to DVI adapter with your monitor (use the DVI output on the motherboard), that should allow you to continue using your monitor and save you some money on buying a new one.
playerum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote playerum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 7:15pm
It uses D-Sub.

I did not know that the death of VGA was announced long time ago.

https://newsroom.intel.com/news-releases/leading-pc-companies-move-to-all-digital-display-technology-phasing-out-analog/#gs.n08xsg

For now, I will buy a VGA to HDMI adapter.
_Mael_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Mael_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 1:32am
This adapter no work sorry
playerum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote playerum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 8:45pm
Hi!

This worked for me!

VGA to HDMI Adapter
https://i.ibb.co/VCXnZLn/adaptador-hdmi-vga.jpg

The resolution did not worked well, but I can use it for now!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic