ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - TaiChi x470 Memory problems - Corsair Veng 3000
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

TaiChi x470 Memory problems - Corsair Veng 3000

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 1:14am
i've yet to bench stable on 3600 on 8x2 kits with really relaxed timings

so i forced my kits with the only stable speed and work my way down on the timings till i reach cl 14 3466

stigzler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stigzler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by xhue xhue wrote:

This is a bit odd. Mobo should easily reach even 3400-3600 with a compatible RAM, which I believe you now have.

16GB per stick is still challenging for Ryzens but still...

I have no ASRock mobos with me right now but what the guys are ssying is true.

The goal is to try and replicate the timings manually in BIOS, with only the speed is left at 2933.

If XMP won't put the higher voltage you should put it yourself. Also, bumping the SoC voltage a notch up is doing wonders.

If possible, read the RAM model with a program of ypur choice. Let's make sure you got the right stuff you intended to buy. Then run Ryzen Mem Calculator and post back the values it suggests.

Thanks again. OK - examined RAM with Thaiphoon Burner and imported them into DRAM Calculator. I've attached the results.

One thing I do notice from the typhoon report is a top freq of 1067MHz?? Also, the "JDEC DIMM Label" is "16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2133-UB1-10" - implying a top speed of 2133?? I'm not very knowledgable about these things so most likely wrong!

Would appreciate any advice going forward.

DRAM Screenshots:

Typhooon report:

gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 4:47pm
1067 is the max jedec in it the xmp is the one below it you should export the typhoon settings and import it to RDC if the R-XMP function in RDC doesn't work
stigzler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stigzler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 4:49pm
Thanks, but what's "RDC"?
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 9:38pm
ryzen dram calculator
stigzler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stigzler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by gizmic gizmic wrote:

1067 is the max jedec in it the xmp is the one below it you should export the typhoon settings and import it to RDC if the R-XMP function in RDC doesn't work

OK - but I that's exactly what I did.

It's getting a little off topic - with the results above, what do I do next to get 2933?
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 11:55pm
I really have no clue what the BIOS layout is, but the idea is simple.

You should try and put those 15-15-15-etc. timings in your memory settings in BIOS. Then put 2933 for speed. Basically, we want the XMP settings but with speed dropped to 2933 instead of 3200.

For now I want to run the sticks at 2933 with the default timings. As it's evident by now that you're out of luck for auto (fire-and-forget) settings, we can try tighter timings later on.

Can you please try and dig any BIOS page that looks memory-related and poat it here? Without any clue of your BIOS layout you'll need to be our eyea.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic