ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x570 Taichi - all the issues I've had thus far

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disturbed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 7:55am
I set fan to manual as a part oboe started (25/30% @ 60c) and that helps a ton.
foxx1337 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxx1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 4:02pm
Hey Cecil - what are the power and current readouts on your 3900X + Taichi X590? Mine are very wrong, half of what they should be. If I turn off a CCD they get halved once again so I'm in a bit of a pickle here whether to do anything about anything.

PPT - 70 watts
TDC - 43 amps

as seen in Ryzen Master during a Prime95 small FFT test
https://imgur.com/a/Z01Nu4H

or in HWiNFO64 at the same time
https://imgur.com/a/nDkakhs

What values do you see?
Ryzen 3900X, Taichi X570
mrgadget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrgadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by shmerl shmerl wrote:

So what's the current situation with chipset fan noise with X570 Taichi? Is quite profile helping with it?

Quiet profile works but I have configured it manually. I'd say 3500 rpm or lower it is quite silent, or my other fans make more noise. I don't have an issue with the fan but I could imagine if someone has started building and #1 priority has been noise levels then you might be in trouble. I have front fans (140mm), top fan (200mm) and side fan (140mm).

That 3500 rpm equals about 45% power and chipset temp is around ~59-63C.

TheBigNoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBigNoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 9:39pm
I've had a mostly okay experience with the X570 Taichi, until yesterday morning when I got back into the office. Sounds like my chipset fan is grinding already, anyone have any ideas? I've attempted to contact ASRock, but still no response yet.

Here's a video of the fan starting up.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9oHaDFcNBZRseVqo8

Hopefully they can send me out a replacement cooler.

Also, does anyone seem to have a pair of calipers to determine the distance between the board and the and the rear backplate? I'm trying to figure out if there's a way I can put a heatpad there to help conduct heat away from the chipset and onto the metal that's behind the board.
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 4:48am
Originally posted by TheBigNoob TheBigNoob wrote:

I've had a mostly okay experience with the X570 Taichi, until yesterday morning when I got back into the office. Sounds like my chipset fan is grinding already, anyone have any ideas? I've attempted to contact ASRock, but still no response yet.

Here's a video of the fan starting up.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9oHaDFcNBZRseVqo8

That is horrible. Sounds like the fan is defective. I wonder if anyone will figure out custom cooling solutions for such chipsets? They can really benefit from bigger and more silent fans.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic