ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD and Intel Graphics Card
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot get AMD Graphics to work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Deihmos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deihmos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot get AMD Graphics to work
    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:45am
Turns out one of the CPU pins was bent a little. That caused the issue.
rasstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rasstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 10:38am
Yes I installed one ram and it didn?™t make a difference. I bought some new ram to see what will happen. If it doesn?™t work I don?™t know what I will do since ASRock does not offer advance replacement.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 10:32am
Dear Deihmos,

Have you tried to install one RAM? Or change the RAM slot to see if it is memory modules related?

Also, we have received the Powercolor RX580 AXRX580 8GBD5 graphics card and tested, however, the system was able to boot properly.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
Deihmos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deihmos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 1:53am
I have bios version 2.30. i got it to work by over clocking memory from 2400 to 2500.It also works if I set PCIE to gen 2. I checked the memory and it has passed all tests.

My Nvidia 1060 has no issues booting. Does anyone know what could be causing this issue?
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 11:21am
Dear Deihmos,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you check if we have the same BIOS version?

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 24 Oct 2019 at 11:23am
rasstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rasstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 1:34pm
The 2nd slot is 8x so not a good option. It turns out it woks fine with version 1 bios. I think it has something to do with it noon giving enough time to recognize the card.
rasstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rasstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 10:01am
I finally got it to work. It fails to boot a lot in the top pice slot but works in the 2nd. What could be causing this? My Nvidia card works fine at the top.
Deihmos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deihmos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 5:51am
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

Dear Deihmos,

This is ASRock technical support.
Thank you for posting your query to ASRock forum.

We have checked with the following configuration, however, the system was able to boot properly with graphics card installed.

Z270 Killer SLI/ac
BIOS 2.30
ASRock RX580 8G OC

Kindly check the following steps to see if it can work.
1. Please check if the power supply is sufficient for your system.
2. Please check if graphics cards can work properly on a different system.
3. Please try the graphics card on different PCIe slots.
4. If it still does not work, kindly leave only the CPU, CPU fan, one RAM, and graphics card on your system to see if it can work.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

I tried Saphire and Powercolor and they both did not boot. I figured out that they worked if I changed the pcie from auto to pcie 2 and 1. They don't work with PCIe 3 for some reason. I got an XFX and it worked so I don't know why it wouldn't work with those other brands.
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 10:35am
Dear Deihmos,

This is ASRock technical support.
Thank you for posting your query to ASRock forum.

We have checked with the following configuration, however, the system was able to boot properly with graphics card installed.

Z270 Killer SLI/ac
BIOS 2.30
ASRock RX580 8G OC

Kindly check the following steps to see if it can work.
1. Please check if the power supply is sufficient for your system.
2. Please check if graphics cards can work properly on a different system.
3. Please try the graphics card on different PCIe slots.
4. If it still does not work, kindly leave only the CPU, CPU fan, one RAM, and graphics card on your system to see if it can work.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
Deihmos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deihmos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:00am
I have reset the bios, removed cmos battery and none of these steps worked.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic