ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

990FX Extreme3 P1.70 and Samsung M2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
net2paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote net2paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 990FX Extreme3 P1.70 and Samsung M2
    Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by AS2020 AS2020 wrote:

Help!

I have a new PC I am building for the office and it has a 990fx Extreme3 p1.70 and a pair of Samsung M2 SM951 M.2 PCI-e 3.0 SSDs both in PCI-E adapters.  I bought these as I erroneously expected them to run directly through PCIe like an OCX Revo drive we have in another machine.  So I guess this issues serves me right for not reading up on new tech properly.

Anyway I cannot get the uefi to recognise the drives.  I can boot into Win 10 installation via a USB stick and then see both drives and install Windows onto one of the drives but after the first part of the installation the PC does a reboot and goes straight into the uefi where I cannot see the drives. 

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated as I am a bit out of my depth with this one.

Please let us know if you succeed.
net2paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote net2paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 7:21am
U need to create a Windows 10 USB  (GPT) installations media with UEFI support  (GPT)
Use RUFUS . Tutorial for RUFUS and Download 
http://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-usb-installation

In UEFI set AHCI .

Mount SM951, No other drive.

Boot directly from USB  (GPT) with Win10 installer. Let Windows to configure your drive.

If you are lucky and the board bios is compatible, after installation, in UEFI you will finding  a new drive in BOOT menu something like "Windows Boot Drive".  

AS2020 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AS2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 7:49pm
Help!

I have a new PC I am building for the office and it has a 990fx Extreme3 p1.70 and a pair of Samsung M2 SM951 M.2 PCI-e 3.0 SSDs both in PCI-E adapters.  I bought these as I erroneously expected them to run directly through PCIe like an OCX Revo drive we have in another machine.  So I guess this issues serves me right for not reading up on new tech properly.

Anyway I cannot get the uefi to recognise the drives.  I can boot into Win 10 installation via a USB stick and then see both drives and install Windows onto one of the drives but after the first part of the installation the PC does a reboot and goes straight into the uefi where I cannot see the drives. 

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated as I am a bit out of my depth with this one.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic