ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

system browser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retroeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: system browser
    Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 6:20am
I can't my os(win 7 hp) to start,when I finally got into my biosI checked the system browser and found that the sata ports show they're empty even though the hd and the dvd reader are plugged in(mb-h97 anniversary)...
I built my computer in aug. and everything was great until oct. when I have only been able to get into my os page 3x and since the beginning of nov. I haven't been able to get in at all...
I have tried numerous things that I was advised to do,nothing,I can't even access safe mode...
this my 1st build so I'm just a beginner,I'm getting to the point where I think I'll take it to a computer place and have it checked if I can't get help to fix myself...
michael
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 9:29am
Sorry to hear that.

So we(I!) don't spend two days and 14 posts bantering on what to try, please do tell what you have already attempted. That alone will save much time in helping.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 9:31am
And please list the hardware that makes up your system, right down to the BIOS revision too.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 8:33pm
retroeguy, I've just now read your Reddit posts concerning this.

Disconnect both plugs from BOTH your HDD and CD/DVD/BR drives and try again. You might now have to clear your BIOS afterwards and BEFORE you attempt to boot it back up after disconnecting the cables.

The sound you describe to me appears to be one of the above drives gone bad.

Edited by wardog - 22 Nov 2015 at 8:33pm
retroeguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retroeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 2:37am
thanks for your response...did that and still starts up on the asrock page...
were you able to get the info from my posts or do you need more?
 even though I bought all the components this past aug. (and of course the warrantes have run out)

Edited by retroeguy - 23 Nov 2015 at 2:41am
michael
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 4:55am
Do you have cell phone or camera you can take a pic of where it halts and upload it here with?

I'd like to see the whole screen in good definition please.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 7:44am
Originally posted by retroeguy retroeguy wrote:

thanks for your response...did that and still starts up on the asrock page...
were you able to get the info from my posts or do you need more?
 even though I bought all the components this past aug. (and of course the warrantes have run out)

This past August, most if not all are probably still under warranty. PSU and MB certainly.

Get me that pic posted here. I think I'm gonna suggest clearing the BIOS my way.
retroeguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retroeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 9:20am
starts here in the link...after a few secs...it goes to the bottom pic...hopefully this works

Edited by retroeguy - 23 Nov 2015 at 9:23am
michael
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 10:16am
Bummer. I was hoping a debug code might be displayed in the lower right corner.

It's kinda hard to read your writing here and there on Reddit, but here goes .......

Before it gets to the page you just pictured here, rapidly press and release the DEL key. If I read on Reddit, you can at least enter the BIOS config screen.
(You on Reddit: "I restarted the computer pressed f11 and got the asrock uefi page,top of page has...main,oc tweaker,advanced,tool,h/w monitor,boot,security,exit is this the bios page..."

Yes. That is the "bios page" I want you in. Can you still get "in' there and take some pics?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic