ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ram not being detected at all

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolisarejustqt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ram not being detected at all
    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 8:32pm
So I bought a new PC 3 days ago, all was working fine, and I decided to disassemble the PC so i can rearrange the cables since they were a mess. I disconnected pretty much everything but the processor (I also changed the termic paste), and now my pc detects only half my RAM, All 4 slots are working and all 4 RAM memories are working since I tried all the combinations possible and if I connect only one module at a time, the pc recognizes every time the 4gbs, but if I connect them all 4 my pc only recognizes 8GB out of 16... I already tried resetting the CMOS, and the BIOS like 2-3 times each. As I said, until I dissassembled the PC it was working just fine, with all 16 gb being recognized by the system... The 16gb are being recognized by CPU-z tho. What can I do? This is the setup:
I7 2600
16 GB ram ddr3 (4x4gb)
Mainbord is an ASRock H67DE3
Nvidia GTX 1060gb 6GB GDDR5
Screenshots of whatever is needed
https://imgur.com/gallery/BCMqJ0P. I had all 4 slots with the memory sticks in the slots, and bios recognized only A2 and B2 ( https://imgur.com/gallery/Vj0NM2Z ) but then i got out ONLY A2 and B2, with A1 B1 previously in and... https://imgur.com/gallery/GX4WcX1 So: 100% the memory sticks are working, and the slots too XD
Can it be that I updated ALL the drivers, including the BIOS using DriverBooster7 ?
The default BIOS version was P1.40 and I have the P2.10 right now
I don't know what should i do
lolisarejustqt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolisarejustqt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 4:59am
need help
Alan80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 9:19am
I would suspect there is a bent pin(s) in the CPU socket. If you're very careful, they can be bent back into position.
Doegi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doegi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 6:54am
Hi, I have the same problem.
Are you solved finally?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolisarejustqt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 4:30am
I still have the problem, i don't know if it's the CPU Socket as the user above said...
Alan80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 4:46am
I had a similar issue with a brand new board. Using the two outside slots stopped the system booting. ASRock would have accepted a return (one of the few manufacturers who allow RMA for bent pins) but I carefully bent the pin back with a toothpick. Mobo has been fine for 3.5 years now.

Bent pins can also cause RAM detection issues. Seems to tie in with reseating the CPU and very easy to check visually.
Alan80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 4:50am
Too much pressure from the CPU cooler/mount could also be the cause.
Doegi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doegi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 12:22am
I have the original cooler, no bent pin... how to decrease pressure?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolisarejustqt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Alan80 Alan80 wrote:

Too much pressure from the CPU cooler/mount could also be the cause.

How do we decrease it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolisarejustqt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Alan80 Alan80 wrote:

I had a similar issue with a brand new board. Using the two outside slots stopped the system booting. ASRock would have accepted a return (one of the few manufacturers who allow RMA for bent pins) but I carefully bent the pin back with a toothpick. Mobo has been fine for 3.5 years now.

Bent pins can also cause RAM detection issues. Seems to tie in with reseating the CPU and very easy to check visually.

The PC boots with every RAM configuration, (except when i try to boot without any ram, obviously), the RAM is ok and so are the slots
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic