ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Code 65-Everything New! Z390

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote czander475 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Code 65-Everything New! Z390
    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 6:24am
HELP!!!
Brand-new Z370 Phantom gaming X will not boot. Getting code 65. Have the computer running at a bare minimum single stick ram 8gb Geil, on board video on a test bench. I-9 processor, Corsair 1200 HX power supply, 2- M.2 250gb HP NVME drives.
Cleared CMOS same code 65
Tried backup power supply same code 65
Tried ADATA 2333 8gb ram same code 65
Reset CMOS after every change even tried clearing CMOS and pulling the battery. Any ideas? I am pulling my hair out??forumCodes=True
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 10:00pm
Check the bios version that your board has. Next go to the CPU support list for your board, likely the bios needs to be upgraded to a later version to support the I9.
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

czander475 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote czander475 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 3:52am
Unfortunately code 65 pops up during the boot process and it just hangs. I have no access to the bios. I am becoming strangely frustrated with
Asrock. I just returned a brand-new Z 390 Phantom gaming 9 and spent the extra money to get the 10.
The 9 would not set up the raid correctly. You could set up the raid type You would pick the hard drives and then the bios would freeze up. I tried support if that's what you want to call it. So I returned the board and got the upgraded version 10.

Now version 10 won't boot and hangs up at code 65. This is my first experience using Asrock motherboards but certainly not my first experience at building computers. I probably built over 100. I normally use MSI or Asus motherboards. They actually have telephone numbers for support. What a novel idea!

I get no support through the Asrock email support and I've had enough. When things go well customers are much more likely to say very little.

When a customer has an issue with a product, handled correctly they will have a customer for life. Incorrectly, with today's Internet, chat rooms, scoring systems and reviews they certainly can influence the purchasing decision of other customers.

I run a consulting company called Who's Checking? While we specialize in the automotive industry we have also worked with other companies. Good customer service is good customer service. Whether you are selling jellybeans or motherboards.
Maybe Asrock should consider some training.

In the meantime I think I'll box this back up and go for another manufacturer.
Charles Zander
President
www.whoschecking.com
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 5:13am
The bios version is on a sticker that is on the board. You will probably have this issue with all mfgrs product. This is one of the hazards of DIY. As far as cust svc is concedrned. Go to Asus and good luck...........
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

watabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 3:14am
next time guys get g_____ no ram ECC issue.
In my life i juts got like total 1Tb of DDR4 stick that dont works in Asus rack motherboard

Just right now try to 4x 32Gb work ok
insert micron 64Gb 65 issue
insert 16Gb 65 issue
insert 16gb diffrent 65 issue

Sam was with ryzen when try to get 128Gb ram on asus rack same paifull process only geting "Memory QVL" remove 65 er other errors.

In my case i can just insert this ram into Dell epyc server and you are just screw
watabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 3:30am
my bad just mix RDIMM with LRDIMM adn this is reaosny why got this code 64
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic