ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Polychrome Error: 0xFFF0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quazine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Polychrome Error: 0xFFF0
    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 4:02pm
I am trying to reinstall polychrome because my last version got corrupted from malware. I uninstalled it completely and checked the Program Files and etc. to double check it was all gone. I now reinstalled polychrome and it gives me the error:

"Error 0xFFF0:

This MCU is empty!

Please restart this utility!"

My motherboard is an Asrock z490 Tachi. I have tried restarting my computer and turning off my PSU. I also have ran as admin and re-installed several times. Please help
-Quazine
Grumpy_old_man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy_old_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 4:23pm
Hi Quazine,

go into your Bios, switch to tools/RGB and click write (maybe save) to MCU. Save and restart, the problem schould be solved.
Quazine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quazine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 5:13pm
I tried this, but when I clicked on RBG in the tools tab of advanced bios the screen froze. At first I thought it was loading, so I gave it 5 minutes but then realized it is frozen. I checked my MB and saw the error code "Ab". I restarted my computer to reply to you, and noticed the same: the rbg fans and motherboard do not light up, but my G.skill RBG ram is solid red and I still get error: 0xFFF0 when trying to open Polychrome
-Quazine

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy_old_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 5:30pm
Maybe a reflash of your RGB Chip will help or flash the bios again.

For RGB Chip flash follow the steps please:

1. Uninstall the ASRock Polychrome and other RGB control program in Control Panel and make sure the ASRRGB folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ is disappear.

2. Restart the PC and download the latest ASRock Polychrome utility from below link and install it.
ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:2.0.80: https://download.asrock.com/Utility/RGB/PolychromeRGB(v2.0.80).zip

3. Type "CMD" in Windows search bar and right click to choose "Run as administrator".

4. Go to RGB app installation folder in Command Prompt by typing "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin"

5. Flash the RGB chip by using the following command "WriteFW.bat"

After step 5, kindly wait for 30 seconds.

Quazine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quazine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 6:20pm
I still got the same error message; Nothing new happened.
-Quazine

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy_old_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 7:58pm
And always bios freezes, if you go to RGB?
Quazine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quazine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 3:39am
Yes it freezes every time.
-Quazine
Luis Gus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Gus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 12:45am
I don't see any asrock moderators on this forums, I have that error minutes before my pc went to sleep, and did not post anymore. I was scared to death thinking that motherboard broke down, then I cleared CMOS, and post back. now Im afraid the motherboard will break down at any point.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 3:13pm
Dear Quazine,

Thanks for posting.

Is there any other RGB software installed on the system? If there is kindly remove the third-party RGB software and try to flash the FW once again to check if the problem will be solved.

If the problem persists, the RGB IC might need to be checked, kindly contact the store where the motherboard is purchased from for the further assitance.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 22 Jan 2021 at 3:16pm
Xelias View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xelias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 12:50am
Hello everybody ! I have a problem with my computer as soon as I launch the asrock polychrom sync application it displays this error message: Error 0xFFFB There is no Asr graphics card and Asr USB Header!
So i can't control my fans anymore. my motherboard: B450M Pro4. If anyone know how to fix it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic