ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stuck on logo ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highlow9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stuck on logo ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 5:55am
I just build a new PC with the following specs:
- ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
- Ryzen R9 5900X
- Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 (32GB)
- Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti EAGLE 8G
- Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (and also an old SSD which contains an old windows install

And I am trying to instal Windows 10. But the problem is that it stays stuck on the windows/asrock logo. It does post and I can enter the BIOS.

First I checked if I am booting to the correct USB and yes I am. It is an official Windows USB and I also have the same problem if I try to boot to my old SSD with a working install of windows so that is not the problem.

Next it boots up and asks me which version of Windows I want.

It than loads the files so something must at least be working

But than it get's stuck on the Windows 10 logo. It does nothing even after 15 minutes. If I try to boot from the SDD (which has Windows) it displays the asrock logo and says underneath that it is initializing recovery butthan also nothing happens.

I also tried looking for clues in the bios and it seems to recognize everything (although it does think that I have 2666 MHz memory (instead of 3600 MHz). When looking at the diagnostic lights they are all off (which is good according to the manual).

Currently I am also making a live-boot Linux USB to check if that does work (although I wouldn't know why).

Does anyone know what is happening and what I can do to fix this?
Highlow9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highlow9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 7:32am
I managed to fix this myself! Hoaray!

The linux live boot also didn't work.

What did work was updating the BOIS. You can find how to here: https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/X570%20Phantom%20Gaming%204/index.asp#BIOS !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic