ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X99 Extreme 4 | Turns off immediately after power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99 Extreme 4 | Turns off immediately after power

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsarath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 9:20pm
I have the CM 690 III, and yes I have one raiser on the case per mounting hole in motherboard. 

I have two cards - one the graphics card and other other a PCIE Wifi Card. I don't see any of them twisted/bent.

While I would like to believe that it was a short, it still eludes me as to why I got the error when I breadboarded the setup until I powered the rig without the CMOS battery. 

I sent back the new PSU that I had ordered (everything that I did yesterday was with the Old PSU - old as in 1.5 years). I also ordered a new bunch of SATA cables as the ones currently in use are remains from the old build.

Nothing was added to the build since I added a BluRay Writer, and it was in November '15.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 5:28am
Why I asked is there are/were a few cases that Users reported shorting going on.

The CM 690 II, not III, was one. Another that comes to mind was my beloved Fractal Design, if forget which model.

When you reinstall the MB take care not to "force' it up tight to the leading edge at the back of the case.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic