ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z87 OC Formula Customize fan Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 6:37pm
That is fantastic news Z87OC Clap

Enjoy your beast of a system Big smile
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2016 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Z87OC Z87OC wrote:

Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by Z87OC Z87OC wrote:

Is this really the technical support from asrock?

As wardog said, while we are not official ASRock Technical Support employees, we are long time ASRock mother board users. The response from ASRock_TSD is from the official technical support.

I've identified two reasons so far why the fan speed control was not broken on your board. That was that PWM fan speed control does not work with three pin fans, and the temperature controlled speed built into the Enermax fan. You don't seem to appreciate this at all. No one likes to be wrong, but this information has helped you to stop wasting time. Insulting us with your comment will not help you.

What is it that you expect Technical Support to tell you? That you are right that your board has a problem with the fan speed control when their testing did not?

If you know your board has a problem, why are you trying to convince us? Return or RMA the board.

I never intend the insulting yours, I apologize dear @parsec and many thanks from your help.

I'm living in Iran and Sazgar is distributor from Asrock Company.

My motherboard has warranty from sazgar BUT I know if send the motherboard to them, they are say it is ok because fans are turned on and they never test the Customize on Chasis 2,3,4 for work or not work and this is my another problem.

I want from ASRock_TSD to tell them regarding my problem and they test it to correctly and verify my problem, For this reason I try say my problem here until you become convince.

Please see the last video uploaded, I've recorded of Formula Drive and performance it.

Don't worry about me, I thought you were angry which never helps a situation. You don't need to apologize to me, but thank you for that.

I did not know that those chassis fans were monitoring a different temperature sensor in the CPU socket. This reminded me, there is a reason for using a separate temperature sensor for some of the Chassis fans, instead of the temperature sensors on the CPU.

We know an Intel CPU can change its temperature very quickly, even with the best CPU cooling possible. That means the CPU temperature can go up and down by 10C - 20C or more, within a few seconds, if the load on the CPU is caused by some work in Windows, instead of a CPU stress test.

If all the fans in a PC were being controlled by the CPU's temperature sensors, then they would be spinning faster and slower all the time, changing their speed very quickly, meaning every five or ten seconds, some of the time. That means we can hear the fans constantly going faster and slower, then faster again, over and over.

Many people don't like hearing the fans speeding up and then slowing down several times a minute, over and over again. If the Chassis fan speeds followed the CPU temperature changes exactly and immediately, it would sound like the fans were going crazy, faster and slower all the time.

The Chassis fan speed control is designed so it will not immediately change the fan speeds every time the CPU is warmer for a few seconds. The delay of changing the fan speeds is done so we don't get the annoying sound of the fans. The CPU cooler fan(s) will speed up first, since we want that to happen. If the CPU temperature goes down right away, we really don't need the Chassis fans to speed up because there wasn't a lot of extra heat from the CPU put into the PC case.

Some people like manual control of their PC case/Chassis fans, so they don't hear the fan noise. They only increase the speed of their Chassis fans when they know they need it.

If someone wants all their fans to speed up as soon as the CPU is warmer, as you seem to want to do, that is not automatically a bad thing or wrong, since the fan noise does not seem to bother you. Or you just want your PC to run cool, since it can be very hot where you live.

But most people don't want to hear their fans running faster and slower all the time. It also is not very hot where they live, and is much cooler most of the time. So the fan speed control for the Chassis 2, 3, and 4 fans is designed to cause the least amount of fan noise without letting the PC over heat. This design may be good enough for your needs, but if it is not good enough...

What you could do is get a manual fan speed controller, and connect your Chassis fans to it. Then you can set those fans to whatever speed you like, at any time.

Yes, I know, automatic speed control is better, I agree. What you could also do is get several PWM fans, and a PWM fan splitter cable, and connect it to the four pin PWM CPU Fan1 connector. The splitter cable connects to the PSU for power. With a three or four way PWM fan splitter cable, you could have three or four PWM fans in your PC case that would speed up as soon as the CPU gets warmer.

I hope this helps to explain why the fan speed control works as it does, and maybe give you some other ideas to do what you really want your fan speeds to be.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic