ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW SKYLAKE BIOSes RELEASED INTEL 0x74 FIX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 6:15pm
Seems like the UEFI developer team got stuck in "chinese new year". I still didn't get any answer about my problem and they still share the buggy 2.80 and 2.90 on their page (Z170 Extreme4).

Thats very sad, because it will heavily influence my choice about the next brand in future.
At least, version 2.40 works very well here, but hey guys, remember that time, when BIOS was very plain and stable and Windows buggy? How time is changing...
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 7:12pm
I am sorry but I have to disagree, the problems started when access to the UEFI was granted to the OS Tongue

The UEFI is accessed and altered by the OS these days so buggy windows can often result in buggy BIOS, just sayin.
DuNug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DuNug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 7:48pm
Hi,

I've got also the Z170 Extreme4 (EFI/BIOS 2.90) here and seems to be have the same issues. For me it's randomly crashing in Windows 10 after 5-20 minutes with every time a different failure code in windows.

For troubleshooting, I've reinstalled windows, switched from SSD to HDD, unplugged different hardware from USB and PCIe without success.

Then I've made a downgrade to EFI/BIOS 2.40 and the problems are gone. There must be some issue with the newer versions and this specific board.
I really hope someone from the devs will look here and into this issue.
Morku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 9:26pm
I would like to report that UEFI 3.20 für ASRock Z170 Extreme4 finally fixed my problem which occured in 2.80 and 2.90.
No more black screen. Booting works, rebooting works, always enetering UEFI works very well now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic