ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [SOLVED] Z170 Extreme4 DrDebug "00" reboot loop
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] Z170 Extreme4 DrDebug "00" reboot loop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolshark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 12:57am
Hello Wardog,

In case I decide to build a new rig I would probably go with Asrock Z170 Extreme4 motherboard again, my question is: should I update the Bios on the fly as soon as I get the new board or should I keep the default/preinstalled one (assuming everything works with the default one)?

Thank you! ;)

Edited by Coolshark - 11 Feb 2016 at 12:57am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 7:59am
I would first confirm the BIOS it comes with supports my processor I chose.

Then I would immediately flash it to P1.80, but not P1.90.
(Note: this is as of todays date and bios revison)

You're Welcome.
greddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Coolshark Coolshark wrote:

Hello Wardog!

I just got my board back from RMA. As I said they tested the board (pics link in first post), they say the board is working so this is it, no change.

I'm working outside the case right now, I just connected 24pin+8pin CPU + CM Nepton 240 + standard vga, what happens here?

If I do connect in slot A2/B2 the following kit Corsair kit DDR4 16GB 3000, (2x8Gb) C15 CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 it works just fine: no errors on DrDebug, I can get into bios and I clearly see dual channel mode enabled.

If I do connect in slot A2/B2 the following kit Kingston HyperX Fury Kit DDR4 16 GB 2400, (2x8Gb) C16 HX424C15FBK2/16 I get a DrDebug "00" error and reboot loop...

Starting from now I'll wait for you to know how to proceed..

Thank you in advance and have a nice day.

EDIT
Seems like that one of the two ddr4 dimm from the Kingston kit isn't working in ANY of the 4 motherboard dimms slot. The other ddr4 dimm of same kit is working just fine in ANY slot!!

Hi there,
The Hyper x fury is fine but the problem is the BIOS. I have Z170 PRO4 now i start at the factory BIOS (v. 2.00) and everything work fine. AIDA BENCHMARK score is normal. If i flash the BIOS to higher v. RAM bandwidth run 50% only.

Edited by greddy - 11 Feb 2016 at 10:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic