ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] Skylake build randomly freezes/hangs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coolshark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by peroni peroni wrote:

Interesting, how did you come across the solution?
Hello, I tried many solutions found on the web here and here, all involving some registry keys changes.
By enabling "Adaptive" for HIPM and DIPM  in advanced power states I've been able to fix the issue, this wasn't a solution but a workaround because in this condition my hard drives won't go low power consuption anymore, and I don't want it for a long-term system.

Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

When you say "... after resuming my system from an Idle state...", do you mean coming out of Windows Sleep mode? Or Hibernate?
Hello parsec, I mean sleep mode, not hibernate.

Did you have SATA Aggressive Link Power Management Enabled in the UEFI, Storage Configuration screen?
SATA Aggressive Link Power Management in Storage Configuration is Disabled.

Do you know what process(es) go(es) to 100% after the resume? Or is it just the drive's IO that goes to 100%? I have seen what you have described very rarely after waking from Sleep. That could be a Link State power management issue.

Wake from Sleep bugs can be very strange. I had a PSU and video card combination that caused the video card to not be functional within a time period that Windows 7 deemed appropriate. The video card would then never start although its fan was running, as if Windows then did not allow it to start.
After resuming my system from Idle state any program, game or file launched/opened from my secondary ssd drive caused disk usage 100% until program, game or file termination.

I just updated the first post including the Windows Event Log viewer events that helped me identifying the cause of the issue.

Edited by Coolshark - 02 Mar 2016 at 5:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic