ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

USB compatibility issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H610M-HDV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USB compatibility issue
    Posted: 24 Feb 2022 at 7:48pm
I submitted a request at https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp a week ago, only got an automated notification email without any further reply. Here are the issues I have:

Product: H610M-HDV/M.2
BIOS: 4.02

Other hardware:
i3-12100
ADATA DDR4 3200 8GB x 2
MSI GTX950
ADATA SP920SS SATA SSD
Toshiba 4TB HDD
FSP HV Pro 550W
Dell U2417H
SanDisk Ultra Fit SDCZ43 32GB

So far, everything is fine, typical stress tests, benchmarks, memtest and so on. I don't OC. However, some USB3 products, including the SanDisk thumb drive and the USB3 hub on the Dell monitor behave strangely.

For the SanDisk, all USB3 ports, including front and back panel, are fine when reading (approx 140MB/s). When writing a somewhat large single file (e.g. over 3GB), regardless of file system (FAT32/NTFS/exFAT), both Windows 10 and 11 shows error 0x800701B1. For Linux it shows "Error splicing file. Input/output error" in the middle of writing. The worst thing is when this happens, there is about 30-50% chance that all USB hardware, including mouse and keyboard on USB2 ports will stop working. That means if I don't have PS/2 keyboard/mouse, the only thing can I do is to power cycle the computer.

As for the USB3 hub on my Dell U2417H, while it showed up as "SuperSpeed" in Device Manager, is not really operating in USB3 speed. Thumb drives and external HDD with independent AC adapter only have USB2 (~40MB/s) reading speed. Same slow speed on Linux as well. All OSes have built-in USB3 support, no additional drivers are involved.

I tried to unplug the GPU card and only use the Intel GPU, also tried to disconnect internal HDD/SSD, cleared CMOS, changed XHCI hand off and fiddled with C-States and such in BIOS, used contact cleaner on USB3 ports/cables, nothing has changed.

All of the mentioned USB3 devices with same USB3 cables work flawlessly with my old computer using ASRock B85M Pro4 mainboard.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2022 at 11:22pm
if it happens just during writing, then your drive needs more power than mainboard can provide, which is probably why your other usb ports stops working, as your usb power trips
try with powered usb hub, if not usb hub, you can also go by with powered Y cable which is usualy advertised as power cable for external drives
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Cables-Adapter-Female-Extension-Black/dp/B01N0VBH63
wehre you connect one usb cable to phone charger or powerbank and data cable to pc

Edited by kerberos_20 - 24 Feb 2022 at 11:28pm
H610M-HDV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H610M-HDV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 12:30am
Thanks for the reply. I have another older and slower USB3 thumb drive works fine with the new mainboard when writing, perhaps that one draws less power. My HDD enclosure with AC adapter is running at USB3 speed when connected to the new mainboard without issue during read and write as well.

However the Dell monitor's hub is powered by the monitor's own power supply because I can use it to fast charge smartphones without using a USB3 cable to connect with the mainboard, so it's strange why it runs at USB2 speed when using with the new mainboard.
BengaminMitchel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BengaminMitchel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 6:51pm
DevSecOps is a characteristic development of this DevOps technique. Yet, the primary spotlight here lies on security. A phenomenal DevSecOps engineer is distracted with joint effort between every one of the three divisions. The fundamental change is that security isn't retrofitted or done as a reconsideration. It is a vital piece of all venture stages. DevSecOps AWS implies that security is a substantial worry on a plan stage. Furthermore, that the advancement group works in view of safety.
Source: https://mobilunity.com/blog/10-reasons-why-you-need-devsecops/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic