ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock OC and Voltage setups

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgdv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock OC and Voltage setups
    Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 11:03pm
Am I the only one that would like to see some presets for Z690/Z790 12th/13th Gen products? It would make it so much easier for all users to be able to properly OC and set the proper Voltages with the newer chips.

I'm a bit disappointed in the fact that there is nothing from Asrock directly showing setups for the 12th Gen or 13th Gen chips. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to be able to get the most out of their chip and motherboard.

Does anyone know if any one from Asrock reads these forums? If so, could you create some screen shots for the z690 Taichi/z790 Taichi using the 12900k, 13700k, and 13900k showing OC and Voltage settings for speed and low temps.

I think having a set of screen shots from the manufacturer would provide confidence in applying the settings.

Thanks

threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 6:41pm
Hello.

Motherboard manufacturers are not very keen on providing this kind of information, and there is a good reason for it.
A: overclocking is not guaraanteed, by any manufacturer
B: it can cause serious damage
C: it is really depending on the other hardware, A cheap PSU, is not as stable asa a good quality
And D: at the moment manufacturers provide this info, and for some reason your CPU, or whole system goes up in smoke, people will hold them responsible.
I find the best way is, to google for overclocking 12900K, or one of the other CPU's, You will find lots of tips, on howto, and acceptit's on your own risk.
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic