ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > HTPC & Mini PC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

DeskMini X300 CPU Boost voltage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabriel02v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DeskMini X300 CPU Boost voltage
    Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 2:30am
Hi,

Is any optimal bios setting for DeskMini X300 CPU Boost to keep the CPU at low temp, low voltage when Idle and to push max clocks when high performance is needed?

I noticed, that out of the box, the Ryzen 5700G cpu is set by this motherboard to a quite high voltage, than goes beyond 1.2V or even 1.3V I guess. With such setting the idle temp is around 50-53C and the fan ramps up quite often. The installed cooler is made by Noctua, L9A-AM4 model, capable to cool 100 TDP cpus.

By turning the Core Peformance Boost to off from BIOS, the temp at idle, imediately drops to 40C and lower, and voltage also took a hit to around 1, but the cpu frequency will be limited to 3.7GHz (the stock base clock).

I want to push it to 4.6 GHz (as in the CPU specs from AMD website) with its required voltage (above 1.2V+) and also want it to drop the voltage to around 1V when at idle states.

Have you found any magic setting in BIOS to meet my two reqirements?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic