ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > HTPC & Mini PC
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Deskmini X300 and problems with additional USB
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Deskmini X300 and problems with additional USB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newuserofanasrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Deskmini X300 and problems with additional USB
    Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 8:59pm
So far I am very satisfied with the ASROCK X300. So far there has only been one problem.
I installed the additional 2 USB port interface.
It is now the case that I have some external 2.5" hard drives. As soon as one of them (it doesn't matter which one, they are different brands) attached to one of these additional USB ports, there is a problem with access to the hard drive, which is attached to the port on the board next to the LAN connection (as far as I've noticed so far). The green bar in Explorer runs forever. You can't write and read. The whole computer starts to "hang". Each connection works separately "At the moment my USB keyboard is connected to an additional USB port. That works. Now I have plugged a USB stick into the 2nd additional USB port and the external HDD is already "hanging up" on the USB port next to the LAN connection on the main board.
Why can something like that be. Does it have to do with the excessive power consumption that the external disks require?
How can I further narrow down the exact cause and, if necessary, solve the problem?

I don't think it's a defect.
Thanks.

newuserofanasrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newuserofanasrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2023 at 3:35am
Seems none has ever experienced this
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic