ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z790 Steel Legend, 5 beeps, no access to bios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z790 Steel Legend, 5 beeps, no access to bios
    Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 9:36pm
Initially, when I was setting this system up I swear I saw the BIOS option. Now I get 5 beeps and no option to go to the bios. When I press F2 to enter the bios, no video appears and it doesn't boot. Other than this, it seems to work fine in the OS.

Reading other posts, it seems to be graphics card related. I have a dual monitor setup with a Geforce Titan X card. I've tried switching things around and using different ports but at most I get one monitor that turns on then back off.
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 3:57am
What CPU do you have? Do you have a graphics card installed? Is the monitor connected to the correct output?
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

freak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 6:13am
CPU: i7 13700
The Titan X card is installed.
Define "correct output". The Titan X has 1 DVI, 2 HDMI, 2 DP. On my previous setup (Z97) I had one monitor on DVI and one monitor on DP.

It seems to work fine with just one monitor the DVI, or one monitor on HDMI. But when I throw the second monitor on DP in there it starts acting up. It seems to be trying to activate the DP monitor as the default monitor and failing.
freak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 6:59am
I figured it out, it doesn't like my DP->HDMI cable.

I actually have 3 DP, 1 DVI, and 1 HDMI...and at one point I had a 3 monitor setup with no DP monitors. I have a DP->HDMI converter that works fine, but I switched to a DP->HDMI cable to save some space behind the PC. For some reason, the BIOS does not like that cable. Weird since both converters worked on the old motherboard but the new one doesn't like the cable converter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic