ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please Help BIOS Screen doesn't even start anymore
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please Help BIOS Screen doesn't even start anymore

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 1:42pm
I can't find any info from AsRock Manual about this Security Level menu that comes up in Thunderbolt Tech thingie...
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 1:53pm
maybe i can find something else to plug to that pcie2 port to see if it would actually function correctly after all! :))) As I am more concerned about the Port itself rather than thunderbolt, which I can get a RMA or something from AsRock, it is obviously not working properly, we tried everything we can think of

Edited by thetoons - 29 May 2016 at 1:54pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 2:12pm
For a quick test you could try your graphics card in slot 2. It would only work at x4 for the test but it should still post. Given the device shows up in BIOS when you do not have the cable connected I doubt there is a problem with the slot itself. At worst, if there is a problem with the motherboard it could be the TBT header but I highly doubt it. At this point I am leaning toward a BIOS glitch (as you initially suspected).  

I would open a support ticket with ASRock about the thunderbolt card, they will know anything we may have missed (settings etc). If by the end of that they tell you to RMA then at least you will know it is the thunderbolt card for sure. 

The reason you ended up with the no post situation at the start of this thread was, I suspect, that you flashed back to version 1.10 and the board shipped with 1.20 (as per the version on BIOS_B). If you have to flash the BIOS again I would recommend you do not flash back to any version prior to 1.20.
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 3:00pm
perhaphs you may be right about tbt header issue, I will make a note of all this. Hopefully AsRock usa is decent about responding, we shall see. You have been great, thanks again man.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 3:31pm
Don't mention it, it's been a blast Smile

I am sorry I couldn't help with the TBT issue, I have never used a TBT AIB so I was flying blind Embarrassed
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 3:33pm
hey man pls!! you have been great!!. enjoy rest of your weekend
thetoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 1:25pm
Hey K, I am going to be trying a Thunderbolt Drive tomorrow on my thunderbolt port that we tried different settings with. I will try it in its last state, with the inside thread cable connected, Windows 10 device manager lists, but UEFI System Browser doesn't show up, I will see what happens and post back here, maybe we can see the problem when it comes to a Thunderbolt device? I will write back here.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 1:58pm
Awesome, lets see how it goes.
rocktock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocktock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 4:32am
Hey did you ever solvethis issue? I am having a similar problem but I just cant get the secure backup uefi B -> A working properly. It reboots and gets stuck in an ASRock screen when I do that. I made a post about it too. Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
  Share Topic