ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ARGB broke. ASRock Dynamic Lighting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 5:55am
Thanks for your results Darkje. Interesting that you have the same device ID as me, and both RGB packages (Polychrome and MS Dynamic Lighting) only include one ROM. As though ASRock use the same controller on all their mobos.

One difference between the 2022 and 2023 releases of AsrISP is that the old one closes your cmd on exit sometimes. Super-annoying. Worth using the new one.

My B650E board does not appear in any of Polychrome's ini files. It must be so generic (cheap) that it doesn't get special treatment. Either that or they haven't got around to it yet. {sniff}

Like you said, it would be nice to know how to do a cold install so we can get their boards back to factory settings. The "erase all" option obviously doesn't do it, because I tried it.
Darkje View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 1:51am
? Did you also try:
wICPFLASHADSBv2.exe /file=nu51_3.04
(it comes with Polychrome RGB ver:2.0.170)

ard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 6:09pm
I didn't try that, as WriteFW.bat only does it if AsrISP fails twice, so I figured it was for other (older?) boards. The input file being only 13KB when one that I know works is 20KB is another sign I should not give it a go.

When I gave it a go it displayed the correct board type and BIOS version, so I guess it interrogated the board successfully. But it said no more, consuming a CPU until I killed it. The last thing it did was look for a file called SMBUS.ini, which is not there.
Darkje View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 7:07pm
oh well, i guessed it was worth a shot, pitty it didn't work.
oskar_1993 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskar_1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by gareebsag gareebsag wrote:

I had this happen to me yesterday after I updated the MCU firmware from ?�ASRock Dynamic Lighting??and installed ?�ASRock Polychrome RGB??

I saw on reddet someone that I followed their instructions and it solved my issue.

These steps are what I did exactly:

1- Uninstall Polychrome RGB
2- Remove the folder ?�ASRRGBLED??from Program Files (x86)/ASRock Utility/
3- Turn off your computer
4- Unplug the power cord from the computer for a few minutes (let?�s say 5 to 10 minutes)
5- Plug it back and turn on your computer (I noticed my RGB light began to work)
6- Run ?�UpdateFW.bat??from ?�Restore_to_PreviousFW??

Everything is back to normal for me after these steps.
Hopefully this works for you.
oskar_1993 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskar_1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 8:20pm
thank you, kind man, because I thought that everything was broken, but it was your way that helped me)
m00zis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m00zis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2024 at 4:30am
Unfortunately nothing of all of the above steps worked for me. I installed my new b650 Steel Legend yesterday and everything worked fine. Just after installing Polychrome (I had SignalRGB running in the Background) my PCH RGBs stopped working. I tried everything from flashing the RGB firmware, BIOS update, uninstalling SignalRGB, reinstalling Polychrome, unplugging pc for 10 minutes and run UpdateFW.cmd and whatsoever.

Nothing seems to work for me. Has anyone anymore tips for me?
Thank you
FLORRIDAMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLORRIDAMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2024 at 1:16pm
i have a problem where when ever i launch ASRRGBLED it says device not detected can anyone help me
uyhh
Darkje View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2024 at 6:30am
Originally posted by FLORRIDAMAN FLORRIDAMAN wrote:

i have a problem where when ever i launch ASRRGBLED it says device not detected can anyone help me

If you also have an unknown device in windows device manager, this can usually be solved by unplugging the psu from the mains for a few minutes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic