ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gaming Zone > Gaming PC Build Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Z170 Extreme 7+ RAM Advice Pl!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delvys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock Z170 Extreme 7+ RAM Advice Pl!!!
    Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 9:42am
Hey I have a problem and i would like to hear any advice from you, I wanna buy an Asrock Z170 Extreme 7+ MOBO but my DDR4 sticks are not in the Asrock Memory suported list and I wanna know if this specific memory is compatible with the MOBO or not.
Maybe someone has tested this memory in this Motherboard.

My sticks are CORSAIR LPX 3000MHZ Model CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

Thank u.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Delvys Delvys wrote:

Hey I have a problem and i would like to hear any advice from you, I wanna buy an Asrock Z170 Extreme 7+ MOBO but my DDR4 sticks are not in the Asrock Memory suported list and I wanna know if this specific memory is compatible with the MOBO or not.
Maybe someone has tested this memory in this Motherboard.

My sticks are CORSAIR LPX 3000MHZ Model CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

Thank u.

I've never used this model of Corsair memory in my Z170 Extreme7+ board, but if we look closely at the Memory support list, we can find a similar Corsair model:

CMK32GX4M4A2800C16: This is a 32GB kit of 4 x 8GB DIMMs, an LPX Vengeance model running at 2800.

The important thing here is this kit uses 8GB DIMMs, that are DS (Double Sided), which is the same as your kit. The only difference is the speed, 2800 instead of 3000. Both kits are LPX Vengeance.

Also, your board can use four of these 8GB DS DIMMs at 2800. So two 8GB DS DIMMs at 3000 is not a big difference, and it's easier using two DIMMs rather than four.

Note that DS DIMMs like yours should be inserted in the A1 and B1 slots, which is not the best location for 4GB DIMMs. 4GB DIMMs should be put in the A2 and B2 slots first.

All DDR4 memory will default to a speed of 2133, which you should use when you start the PC the first time with this memory. If it passes POST and boot into Windows, you can then enable the XMP profile, or set the speed and voltage manually.

Any memory speed above 2133 is considered an OC. The memory controller in your Skylake processor will be the main limiting factor in a memory OC. That also depends on the processor you'll be using, which you did not include in your post.

Given all this, IMO there is a good chance your memory will work fine in the Z170 Extreme7+ board. An i5 or i7 CPU will have a better chance of reaching 3000 than a Pentium or Celeron processor.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic