ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B650 + Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6400 64GB: boot loop
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B650 + Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6400 64GB: boot loop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixtosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 12:16am
Originally posted by M440 M440 wrote:

Originally posted by nixtosay nixtosay wrote:

Hi M440,

I kind of need to revert what I have said previously.

As described earlier, I was able to set the memory clock speed to 6400 MHz. As I am running Debian Sid 6.7.9-amd64 with an NVidia 4070 Super using driver version 550.54.14 the system became very unstable.

I noticed first by not being able to start any games using Steam. In addition, I booted into memtest86+ and was confronted with failures half way through the test.
Tried stepping down with the frequency still following your guide until I was able to run the system stable at 5800 MHz.

Will this be improved with upcoming BIOS updates?
Can I report this to ASRock directly to have a look into this? Or are you part of ASRock's team?

have you applied the xmp/expo profile?

i use arch btw

Well, I think I did... How do I do it correctly?

The only thing that I have tested was smth around AMD Agesa, Competitive or Aggressive.
biosbandit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biosbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 5:36am
I found someone with an AMD system and this memory, working at 6400 (apparently) on Amazon reviews.

Therefore, I've decided to order it and see how I go

I may be content with 6000 CL30 if it can do that.

My intended processor is a 7950X3D and I'll be using the onboard GPU. (So I'm probably very unlikely to achieve 6400 to be honest)

In the BIOS you should see an option for voltage adjustment. You may find if you select 6000 again and increase the voltage slightly (very slightly) it may start working.

nixtosay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixtosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2024 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by biosbandit biosbandit wrote:

I found someone with an AMD system and this memory, working at 6400 (apparently) on Amazon reviews.

Good news,

Yesterday I have started looking a bit into the memory adjustments in order to achieve greater speeds. Apparently these modules come from different sources. If you are lucky like me the modules contain SK Hynix dies. Which also seem to be fairly stable and robust.

Long story short. With a few adjustments I was able to run stable at 6400 MHz. Notably UCLCK = MEMCLCK, a memory controller (AMD Infinity Band) clock of 2133 MHz and a main voltage (I believe it's VDD) of 1.35 V took me there. Also, I updated to the latest BIOS v 2.10 which includes an updated AGESA rule set.

I may push a bit more on the frequency side next. But I am already very happy with that. Or, as a second step, play with actual timings.
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2024 at 7:22pm

Hi M440,

I kind of need to revert what I have said previously.

As described earlier, I was able to set the memory clock speed to 6400 MHz. As I am running Debian Sid 6.7.9-amd64 with an NVidia 4070 Super using driver version 550.54.14 the system became very unstable.

I noticed first by not being able to start any games using Steam. In addition, I booted into memtest86+ and was confronted with failures half way through the test.
Tried stepping down with the frequency still following your guide until I was able to run the system stable at 5800 MHz.

Will this be improved with upcoming BIOS updates?
Can I report this to ASRock directly to have a look into this? Or are you part of ASRock's team?

have you applied the xmp/expo profile?

i use arch btw

Well, I think I did... How do I do it correctly?

The only thing that I have tested was smth around AMD Agesa, Competitive or Aggressive.

oc tweaker tab, DRAM Profile Configuration, DRAM Profile setting (pick your XMP/EXPO profile)

set the memory training options afterwards

asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
nixtosay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nixtosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2024 at 6:41pm

oc tweaker tab, DRAM Profile Configuration, DRAM Profile setting (pick your XMP/EXPO profile)

set the memory training options afterwards

Thanks M440 - as mentioned above I was able to get a stable clock set @ 6400. Thank you for your help :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic