FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

N68-GS4 FX & Graphic Cards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: N68-GS4 FX & Graphic Cards
    Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 9:53am
Originally posted by budasifra budasifra wrote:

I just bought a prebuild pc with the N68-GS4 FX in it and it has a NVIDIA GeForce 7025 as a graphic card.
I know this is a crappy engine altogether & I want to upgrade my graphic card (I want to use After Effects).

AE supporter graphic cards are:

• GeForce GTX 285
  • GeForce GTX 470
  • GeForce GTX 570
  • GeForce GTX 580
  • GeForce GTX 670*
  • GeForce GTX 680*
  • GeForce GTX 690*
  • Quadro CX
  • Quadro FX 3700M
  • Quadro FX 3800
  • Quadro FX 3800M
  • Quadro FX 4800
  • Quadro FX 5800
  • Quadro 2000
  • Quadro 2000D
  • Quadro 2000M
  • Quadro 3000M
I'm looking for something budget friendly but a graphic card that its going to do the job for me at least for a good time.
Can I install any of this hardware in my N68-GS4 FX without problems? (size, compatibility, etc)

I normally search in the web for days to find my answer (forums, blogs, etc) but i'm really out of my league with motherboards and Graphic cards, I just can't wrap my head around the subject, i'm also a big DIY so I want to learn how to do this so I appreciate any help!

PS: Sorry for my english!

Your pre-built PC with the ASRock N68-GS4-FX board has a NVIDIA® GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a chipset in it, which combines a graphics chip with the processor support chipset in one package. This board has one VGA output on the IO panel.

This PC was sold as a gaming PC? It does not have a graphics card in it now, just a low-end, combination graphics chip/platform support chip. That chip is considered obsolete and no longer manufactured and supported by Nvidia, for several years.

The next situation is your board has one PCIe x16 slot for a graphics card. That is good, but the interface is PCIe 1.0. Current graphics cards are using PCIe 3.0, and some of the graphics cards in your list use PCIe 2.0. Usually a PCIe 2.0 and PCIe 3.0 graphics card will function on a PCIe 1.0 interface, although it is much slower than the two newer interfaces, and the graphics card will not perform at anywhere near its full potential.

Ignoring the Quadro cards, which are made for professional CAD/CAM use, not video gaming, and are very expensive, the GeForce graphics cards you listed are older models, out of production. You can find some of them still for sale occasionally, otherwise you can check the used market.

There is nothing special about any of the cards you listed, they are all typical graphics cards, but they are either PCIe 2.0 or PCIe 3.0 type cards. The AE list of supported cards no doubt assumes the mother board will provide them with the proper PCIe interface, which your mother board does not do, sorry to say.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 5:40am
The below thread at the After Effects Forum on Adobe.com discusses the ins and outs of why that ~$1000.00 Quadro 5800 isn't needed when using After Effects.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1417307
budasifra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budasifra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 4:56am
I just bought a prebuild pc with the N68-GS4 FX in it and it has a NVIDIA GeForce 7025 as a graphic card.
I know this is a crappy engine altogether & I want to upgrade my graphic card (I want to use After Effects).

AE supporter graphic cards are:

• GeForce GTX 285
  • GeForce GTX 470
  • GeForce GTX 570
  • GeForce GTX 580
  • GeForce GTX 670*
  • GeForce GTX 680*
  • GeForce GTX 690*
  • Quadro CX
  • Quadro FX 3700M
  • Quadro FX 3800
  • Quadro FX 3800M
  • Quadro FX 4800
  • Quadro FX 5800
  • Quadro 2000
  • Quadro 2000D
  • Quadro 2000M
  • Quadro 3000M
I'm looking for something budget friendly but a graphic card that its going to do the job for me at least for a good time.
Can I install any of this hardware in my N68-GS4 FX without problems? (size, compatibility, etc)

I normally search in the web for days to find my answer (forums, blogs, etc) but i'm really out of my league with motherboards and Graphic cards, I just can't wrap my head around the subject, i'm also a big DIY so I want to learn how to do this so I appreciate any help!

PS: Sorry for my english!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic