ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

System booth with 1 DDR5 in B2, but not A2/B2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olignyf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: System booth with 1 DDR5 in B2, but not A2/B2
    Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 7:51am
Hi !

I got a brand new B650M PRO RS WIFI with AMD 7900X5D and two sticks of DDR5 6000.

When I plug only one RAM in B2 slot, the system boots.
When I plug both my RAM in the expected A2+B2 slots, the system doesn't boot (black screen) and two of the POST RED LED are on : CPU & RAM.
Each RAM stick work individually in B2.
I also tried to upgrade the BIOS with the USB flash to latest (v2.10).

What are the possible causes? My guess is either

- CPU is broken (memory controller?)
- Motherboard is broken

Is there any other possibility? Also what is the most likely?

Thanks!
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 12:43pm
What is the memory part number?

You are waiting ~5 minutes for the first memory training to complete? I would try setting the memory training settings like here:

https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30954&title=solved-b650m-hdv-m2-bios-memory-stability-issues
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
olignyf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olignyf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2024 at 8:57am
Hi !

Yes I waited several minutes. I had read in the manual the hundreds of seconds to wait depending on memory size. I have 16GB. Although the manual should be improved. They should write what to expect during this waiting time (a black screen or ?). I will try the memory training options (not sure what the default of "Automatic" means), I wasn't aware of this option, thanks!

Memory part number: FF3D532G6000HC30DC01
Memory part name: Team T-Force Delta RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000

Note that I found that if I put the two sticks in B1 & B2, it boots. But the system is unstable though. It crashed twice in this configuration. I'm back to running the system in B2 only

I ordered a new CPU and new motherboard. Still curious what are the possible cause in order or probability. Could it be the memory? I read that someone had same problem and swapped to an ASUS mobo and things worked flawlessly.

Thanks,
Francois
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2024 at 9:54am
Originally posted by olignyf olignyf wrote:

Hi !

I ordered a new CPU and new motherboard. Still curious what are the possible cause in order or probability. Could it be the memory? I read that someone had same problem and swapped to an ASUS mobo and things worked flawlessly.

Thanks,
Francois

IMO its memory, or memory training, maybe CPU memory controller.
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic