ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did i break the MB£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glepa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did i break the MB£
    Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 1:34am
Hi, i was trying to change out a end of life m2. ssd and suddenly it seems the standoff fell off. and it look like this now on the board:https://imgur.com/a/iiy71po

Seems the rest of the standoff it is now lodged in the hole. Any ideas on how to get it out?
glepa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glepa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 1:36am
btw the board is a asrock x299 oc formula
Darkje View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 2:09am
how does it took from the backside of the board? maybe you can unscrew the standoffs and switch them out?
glepa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glepa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 2:37am
Hard to see without taking out everything. Was hoping for some answers that confirms the possible solution of switching out the standoff from the back before doing all the work.
Darkje View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 3:01am
I tried to find some descent pictures of the backside, but they are too small to judge by. It doesn't look like screwed, might just be pressed in the hole, but not sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic