ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > HTPC & Mini PC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

new HTPC with optical drive?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitfire_ch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new HTPC with optical drive?
    Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 9:22am
Currently, I own a ASRock Vision X 321B and was very happy with it until the Win 10 anniversy update messed everything up. It feels like many components aren't supported properly any more (no proper drivers).

Hence I was considering buying a new Vision with newer hardware made for Windows 10. With shock I realized that there are no new devices featuring an optical drive. The bee BeeBox looks great, but lacks a drive. As those are meant to be home theater PCs, I don't quite understand why the optical drives were removed. I realize that many people are mostly consuming streaming content nowadays (including myself), but if you want to watch a new movie or even 3D content, your only option are DVDs/BluRays. Of course, you can also download content illegally, but that can't be the idea. That's especially the case outside of US, where streaming content like Netflix is mostly limited to TV shows and a handful of old movies. 

Could you please consider creating a new version of the Vision X line? Or, alternatively, a BeeBox with optical drive? Connecting an external drive isn't really an elegant solution for the living room ...

Thank you very much and kind regards
Pesche
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic