FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

970 Pro3 R2.0 problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 970 Pro3 R2.0 problems
    Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 1:56am
Enjoy Thumbs Up
ari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 1:47am
ok ok
slot 1-3 must be used :)

was different on my old board
asrock m3a770de

finaly i have to say great and fast support here

thx again

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by ari ari wrote:

so next problem Dead

the ram works only in singlemod - not dualchannel
slot 1+2 (from cpu)

any idea ?

RTFM. That's why they give one with every motherboard Wink

It states which slots to use.
ari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 8:43pm
so next problem Dead

the ram works only in singlemod - not dualchannel
slot 1+2 (from cpu)

any idea ?
ari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 7:12pm
problem solved

i just had to bring my satacontroller in ide mode and windows runs

thx 4 help

today im happy Big smile
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 11:42pm
They shouldn't be. 0.2v extra, although quite a lot, shouldn't be enough to kill them that fast. 
ari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 11:24pm
the board is new
i loaded also the standart biossettings(load uefi defaults)  and update the bios via internetflah
so you mean the rams (which was working fine before ) are not toast ?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 11:16pm
1.7v won't damage the system right away, only with prolonged use if the RAM is not specced for 1.7v. Some faster DDR3 RAM (2400+) is rated at 1.65v by default. 

Is the board new or purchased used? I see no reason why it would default to 1.7v unless someone used 1.65v RAM in it before you got it. It may have been tested at a store for example. Either way, no damage should have been done so soon.
ari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 11:05pm
ah sry i forgot to say i use win7

actualy i have a bad fealing about the dramvoltage - because im sure i got some runs with 1.7v
and now my old system didnt run with both rams - one single works 4 now
i rly cant understand why asrock want to toast my ram when the bios they knows Angry
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 10:45pm
What version of windows are you using? I am going to guess XP as you were able to press f8 to load safe mode?

If it is XP then my steps will not work, your only choice then will be a fresh install. I need to point out here that the problem is not with the system but with the lack of drivers for the OS to boot. Before you change any more settings perform a clean install of windows. Don't forget to set your RAM voltage back to 1.5 as Wardog mentioned, you could damage your system with 1.7v.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic