ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Z170 Extreme4 does not wake up with USB key W10
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 Extreme4 does not wake up with USB key W10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Stormy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 Extreme4 does not wake up with USB key W10
    Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:21am
Hello parsec,

I explain:

When I turn off the computer, I have to wait at least 2 hours to power the computer from the mouse or keyboard .

If I turn off the computer and after 5 minutes I want to turn it on again, I have to turn it on from the button on the box, if I try with the keyboard or mouse does nothing.

I do not understand what happens
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Stormy Stormy wrote:

Hello parsec,

The W10 Pro installation was made from an ISO image.
The software devices are installed, with the latest version "Logitech keyboard G110 - mouse G300," on windows are working well.

I did the tests to activate the check "Allow this device to reactivate the computer" and it did not work.

This morning I turned on the computer from the mouse, I think that to be able to turn it on it will take some time, after turning it off.

Thanks,

I'm sorry, I don't understand the last sentence, above. It seems as if you said could turn on the PC with the mouse, is that right? What else are you saying about taking some time after turning it off?
Stormy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 8:56pm
Hello parsec,

The W10 Pro installation was made from an ISO image.
The software devices are installed, with the latest version "Logitech keyboard G110 - mouse G300," on windows are working well.

I did the tests to activate the check "Allow this device to reactivate the computer" and it did not work.

This morning I turned on the computer from the mouse, I think that to be able to turn it on it will take some time, after turning it off.

Thanks,
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Stormy Stormy wrote:

Hello,

A few weeks ago I had Windows 7 x64 installed, I switched to Windows 10.
I have noticed that since I installed windows 10, it does not wake up the computer from the usb keyboard / mouse, after shutting down from windows.

In the UEFI I have not changed any parameters.
The current parameters are:

UEFI-Advanced-Chipset Configuration-Deep Sleep --> Disable
UEFI-Advanced-ACPI Coniguration-USB Keyboard/Remote power on --> Enable
UEFI-Advanced-ACPI Coniguration-USB mouse power on --> Enable

When I press a key on the USB keyboard or mouse, the mouse light is on, but the computer does not turn on.
Any suggestions for it to turn on again?

Thank you,

It could be a couple things causing the mouse and keyboard to not start the PC.

First, just for our information, is the Windows 10 installation a Microsoft upgrade installation, or a new, fresh Windows 10 installation from a disk or ISO file?

Either way, does your mouse and keyboard have its own software or driver that needs to be installed to enable all their features? You may need to install the software again, or find a Windows 10 version of the software, and install it.

Also, start Windows Device Manager, and open the Properties for the mouse and keyboard. You may have two entries for the mouse and keyboard in Device Manager, one in Keyboards, and Mice and other pointing devices (of course.)

But also expand the Human Interface Devices entry in Device Manager, where you may find entries for the keyboard and mouse.

Open the Properties of all the entries for the mouse and keyboard you find, and click the Power Management tabs. Make sure that at least one of these have the Allow this device to wake the computer checked.

You can also try unchecking the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option in the Power Management tab.

I've had mixed results with various mice and Windows 10, about waking the PC from Sleep for example. Some of them work fine, others don't.
Stormy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 7:45pm

Hello,

A few weeks ago I had Windows 7 x64 installed, I switched to Windows 10.
I have noticed that since I installed windows 10, it does not wake up the computer from the usb keyboard / mouse, after shutting down from windows.

In the UEFI I have not changed any parameters.
The current parameters are:

UEFI-Advanced-Chipset Configuration-Deep Sleep --> Disable
UEFI-Advanced-ACPI Coniguration-USB Keyboard/Remote power on --> Enable
UEFI-Advanced-ACPI Coniguration-USB mouse power on --> Enable

When I press a key on the USB keyboard or mouse, the mouse light is on, but the computer does not turn on.
Any suggestions for it to turn on again?

Thank you,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic