ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Z170MPro - No Beep, No Screen, Just Fans,Reboot 3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170MPro - No Beep, No Screen, Just Fans,Reboot 3s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreatFullTekeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 3:30am
it is NOT WORKING!

ok I got now the G.Skill F4-3000C15D-16GTZ which is listed on the Asrock compatibility page.
I plugged in one of the two supported rams in A1 or B1, it dont matter where, and how often i Clear the CMOS also dont make any difference - same problem as described in my first post

so these Supported RAMS dont work - or is it a other Problem?

I have a project which i should deliever...
GreatFullTekeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreatFullTekeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 8:30am
Z170MPro Impressions
a few pictures about the setup
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 8:56am
Originally posted by GreatFullTekeek GreatFullTekeek wrote:

ok find a fitting ram is worse...

most of them (also the supported) are 1,35V!? (on the asrock list)

problems when searching a fitting Ram on the asrocklist, which are:
OLD Products (new untested ProductNumber Variations),
OLDs have no Specsheets anymore on website (on dealers site some interesting specifacitons are missing)
cant be found with google - e.g.only results are Asrock links
have bad Timing (16-17),
are way Overprized (beyound 200?? (what do they think?)
or sold on the wrong place with with wrong payment methods (not local, not austria, or must have paypal(ammount) or creditcard...)

so going to each of the memory suppliers and search their lists, problems:

G.Skill has a nice Ram Configurator, wich results into 2800 is max - and this 2800 is a 2x4GB Kit... i need @ 16GB because unreal Editor load it with 14GB - so G.Skill, dead.

Corsair > only OC-Formulare on the list --- so DEAD Corsair ?

Adata > Board is listed, no 3000, 2800 only: XPG Dazzle 17 17 17, but worse timing, and LED-Light which i dont want. - So Dead Adata

Kingston > has Ram Configurator, Board is listed, 2400 is max, > Dead Kingston

Crucial > has Ram Configurator, Board is listed, 2 Results:
http://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/z170-pro4s/CT8783160
but no Product Number to find it on Amazon or anywhere else, but could be that:
amazon > 220??> way to expensive (what do they think - not with me!) > Dead Crucial

3 ours search, now i know which NOT, ill keep you informed if i found anything.

Most of the DDR4 memory whose speed is above 2400 will be 1.35V. All DDR4 memory above 2666 will be 1.35V, that is normal. The Viper memory you have now is 1.35V, and the timings are 16 16 16 36. Click on Additional Information on the page below:

https://patriotmemory.com/product/viper-4-series-ddr4-16gb-2-x-8gb-3000mhz-kit/

All DDR4 memory will work at first at its default speed, which is 2133 or 2400, at 1.2V. 1.35V is only needed when the memory is set to 3000. Memory voltage is not the problem.

You cannot compare the timings of DDR4 memory to the timings of DDR3. You will never find DDR4 memory less than 12 - 14, and that will be at 2133. The faster the DDR4 memory speed is, the higher the timings will be.

The price of DDR4 memory has gone up over the last few months, now is not a good time to find good prices.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreatFullTekeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 11:09am
ok thx for the good explanation.

so the voltage is maybe not the problem here. And it was nonsense to get other RAMs.
but how can i now find out what the problem is now? i have no debugging via PC-Speaker, or blinking LEDs.
I cant return all the stuff, and say the CPU is maybe dead, and the Motherboard is maybe dead, or the PS is maybe dead, and after a week or more i have the money back, and then have to wait a few days longer to get a new board and cpu...

when not using "shared memory" for internal (CPU?)graphics, it reboots endless, and when i stuff a graphic card into PCIe, the Display connected to the card dont regocnize the card (no signal going to sleep), and the PC seems to run (PS+CPU Fans are running endless static in speed)... that should be enouh info to localize the probelm.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreatFullTekeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 9:45pm
i tried now the cheapest, slowest, and smalest RAM i Found in the Compatibility list:

Kingston KVR21N15S8/4

That DONT solve the Problem, it just avoid the endless Boot Tryings:

Start the PC, now all FANS are running on Static Speed (same behavior like bevore when i plugged in a PCIe Card)
No Display-Data Output on HDMI or DVI (no PCIe Card is connected)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 11:05pm
Have you tried clearing CMOS with the new RAM installed?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreatFullTekeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 8:10am
yes i did

i cleared every time before i tried all 4 SLOTs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreatFullTekeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 9:13am
i dont get the money back from my dealer! because it had taken to long since i buyed it, i only could let "repair" the board.

i only hear the memory the memory, clear c-mos... i dont feel i got helped here.

i think i have all rights to be pissed > it would be so easy >>> DEBUG >>> but no beep no blink code? ASROCK in which way should a end-user debug a problem? Say it!

>Should he run to a Expert, which is only a "expert" because he has spare parts to replace the whole setup to see what the problem is? I cant believe it. What is about End-user - is he a stupid sheep in your eyes?
>Or - it seems to better that the people ask the forum, and some users look into the magical ball and see "it could be the memory"... and when it wasnt the memory > then the magical ball dont see anything @ all.

i whish i had known this before! because i cant get rid of it now, i dont know -should i sell it as "faulty" or "working". And if i sent it back to Asrock, and they say the board is ok > who helps me then? i had to buy a new psu, a new ram (as i did already twice!!!) and a new CPU > Really i dont have the money for twice the setup, or for a "expert" who has

Edited by GreatFullTekeek - 25 Jan 2017 at 9:55am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 1:37pm
I am sorry to hear about your difficulties. Please bare in mind that ASRock is not responsible for the policies of retailers regarding returns. Also important to note is the fact that while this is the tech support section of the forums, it is not ASRock's official tech support. Assistance is rendered here by other forum members not directly by ASRock. On occasion an ASRock Tech Support representative will post here with important updates and fixes but this is not common place. Even the moderators here are simply forum members such as yourself and do not speak for or represent ASRock here on the forums. ASRock representatives here have the name ASRock in their name in the following format:

ASRock_Official
ASRock_TSD
ASRock_News

Again, I feel for you, we all know how frustrating it is when new parts do not work right. Good luck with system, please post back here once you get your board back.

If you need assistance from ASRock Tech support you can contact them here:

ASRock Taiwan (global support): 

ASRock USA: 
Support Phone: 1-909-590-8308
Support Email: support@asrockamerica.com

Good luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreatFullTekeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 2:11am
today i got my money back, i will try my luck with a asus z170M-Plus.

topic can be closed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic