ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

970a-g/3.1 + GTX1070 = pcie 1.1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 3:48am
62 is about the upper limit for sustained load. Ideally you would want to lower that a little. It won't likely damage your CPU but it could shorten it's lifespan if you experience these temps frequently.

Is this on an aftermarket cooler or the stock boxed cooler? You may want to look at getting a better cooler.
Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 3:55am
I have a great cooler DeepCool ASSASSIN II. And basically the temperature does not exceed 55 degrees, but in the stress tests, and rarely in severe stages of games reaches 62 degrees. No, I do not think I will use this processor for a long time, because with the advent razen updated and mat board and processor.At the same time my processor overclocked to 4.5Ghz.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 4:24am
If it is only peaking at those temps briefly then that is perfectly fine. Under a more sustained load you want to aim for under 60c but brief peaks into the 60 - 65 region are not going to hurt anything Wink
Zirw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zirw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 8:40am
Thanks for the answer. Today noted that bus clock can be raised to 204.5Mhz itself. Similarly, the frequency of the North Bridge arbitrarily raised to 2,250, and the frequency of HT until 2450. Is this normal? I like that there is the first time! I understand that the frequency of the Northbridge and HT rises due to increasing BUS clock. It also affects the frequency of my processor.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic