ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270 K6 BIOS Setting for Watercooler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Kanty Kanty wrote:

it must just be that I got some noisy fans with my H100i v2. Lucky me

Oh no, that is exactly what you should have gotten, the stock corsair fans are LOUD when they ramp up. Don't let anyone tell you that you can have performance cooling and quiet operation, its either mediocre cooling and quiet or good cooling and loud. The common misconception is that water cooling is quiet, it isn't, especially not with AiO coolers. Now a full custom loop with dual 360mm radiators equipped with silent fans will get you both good cooling and quiet but you are looking at a much larger cost and self assembly which I would absolutely not recommend to the average user. 1 leak and your system dies with custom loops. If done correctly that almost never happens but given "some assembly required" it isn't something for the amateur builder Wink 

The trick with AiOs is to set your fans on a custom fan curve. This will allow for almost silent operation at idle - near idle and solid cooling when you have had a game running for 10mins or more.

As I suggested for your 120mm AiO, set a custom fan curve (you can use corsair link or ASRock F-Stream) for your fans that has them set to 0% at 20c with a straight line up to 100% at 60c. With these settings you should get the optimal quiet vs performance.

%
100 +
90      /
80     /
70                                   /
60                               /
50                            /
40                         /
30                      /
20                   /
10     /
0 +
0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 C

This is what I set my AiO fans to and it only gets loud after about an hour of gaming.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 2:41pm
Xaltar, I appreciate it...yes they are very noisy fans and when they pass through the radiator they make an almost whirring sound...but all in all temps are better than they were with the other cooler...about 4-6 degrees I'd say. I've seen spikes into the high 60's under full load but that's about it. All in all I'm happy, I suppose as I get more acclimated and comfortable with the idea of some other components I will start trying to make things quieter. You guys are seriously the best on this forum, thanks for all the tips and honesty...you guys inspired me to go out and put this new cooler in.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 2:44pm
I suppose another good sign is so far I'm not sweating while sitting next to my PC and gaming hahaha
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 2:49pm
It's always a pleasure to bring someone new into the fold Wink

Now that you have a much more powerful cooler you can experiment with your fan curves and find that happy medium between performance and quiet. Aim for peaks in the low 70s with averages in the low 60s. Once you find the sweet spot that allows that you should have less noise and the comfort of knowing your CPU will last you a good long time. The little graph I posted is a good starting point but it will ramp the fans pretty quickly when gaming. To start out use only 2 points, f-stream gives you 5 so just work with the first 2. Once you have a feel for how it works you can tweak the curve to get the most out of it.

Enjoy your new build and do yourself a favor and watch videos on cleaning out your PC, cable management and anything else you are interested in regarding the innards of your system Wink  
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 3:03pm
Sweet thanks man, I will definitely post or update you guys on how things are going! Do my temps seem about right in the 55-65c range Xaltar?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 3:05pm
Perfect Wink
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Perfect?Wink

Woohoo!
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 9:40am
[URL=][/URL][URL=][/URL][URL=][/URL][URL=][/URL]Hey guys just noticed my Motherboard likes to have error code 04 whenever I shut my PC down, is this normal? Thanks! Still getting used to its quirks so don't mind my questions. Also is it normal for one of the case fans to get a delayed start on boot up? It's the back of the case fan, all other fans start up normally from what I can tell....it's like a 5 second delay. The fan basically does this on initial start....it starts spinning....stops....(5 seconds) spins normally the rest of the time on. Also if it's any help they're controlled by a Lamptron CM430 I believe. Also scratch that, one of the front case fans does the same exact behavior...weird.

Edited by Kanty - 28 Mar 2017 at 11:51am
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 12:16am
Anyone?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic