ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with X370 killer SLI Gskill Flare x

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 7:05pm
i use Thaiphoon Burner :)

the Flare x 2400MHz, have Hynix memories
a lot of instability and BDOS

your Flare x 3200 mhz have memories samsung b-die (same of my gskill RJ K2)

my current overclock (stable)

Timming 3200MHz 16-18-18-36 1.35vram 1.1vSoc

http://i.imgur.com/dclT0W9.png

Edited by Denroth - 05 Apr 2017 at 7:06pm
twf85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 5:06am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

The G.SKILL FlareX kit you (and I) have

Are you noticing any odd behavior? My boot times with the RipJaws 4 sticks delivered a boot time of approximately 13 seconds. These Flare sticks increased the boot time to 20 seconds, and I cannot run Restart to UEFI unless I dial them down to 2400. I am running the latest stable BIOS (v1.6) on the X370 Fatal1ty Gaming Pro.

Edited by twf85 - 06 Apr 2017 at 5:17am
Voided76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voided76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 11:42pm
Do you guys know if there's a big difference timing wise between the RGB (gtzr) sets and the flarex sets? has anyone looked at them closely  (like under typhoon hint hint)
my RGB kit is single rank samsung but still only does 14-14-14-34 2933.

I've got the Killer SLI/ac

it did 3200 for about a half a day then stopped posting after a system restart.  

after fiddling with it for a half an hour trying to find out how to get it compatible it more or less bricked my ram.  the LED's went wacko,  all the info wiped from the chips,  trying to even select XMP via bios ect would blackscreen hang the computer because it wouldn't read anything.

I managed to get it to boot loosey goosey 2133 to windows looked up the GTZR data in thaiphoon and reflashed my ram and it works,  but the LED's are still shot and it doesn't come up as G.skill anymore.

but it works.  lmfao.  I'm so ghetto.
Can I get a look at your guys' ramspecs via a .thp?

These g.skill chips are getting ready to get RMA'd,  but my next pair if I can properly but the flareX timings in them would be sick as hell if it means surefire 3200mhz compatibility.  I'm already making 1750 in cinebench on a 1700 with tight timed 2933.

just a touch more memory juice is all I need :mrgreen:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic