ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 taichi boot problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 6:54am

have you tried removing and then replacing the nvme drive to make sure its seated correctly ?
other than this im thinking you may have either a defective drive or board
for testing purpose can you try the 960 in the second m2 slot
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
JohnV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 11:53am
Originally posted by zjwenker zjwenker wrote:

So today I tried to start up my computer and got the error code 0xc000000e.

So while browsing the internet i came across a post telling that the problem mostly is that the motherboards settings aren't correct to see the drive where the windows is installed on,

( http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2744141/error-code-0xc000000e.html )

so I took a look in the bios and at the boot settings I cannot see my samsung nvme drive. 

So my question is,  where can I find the option to turn on Ahci mode?

Thanks in advance.

After reading the thread I'd like to know what Bios version you are on and if you had updated it >1.6 or 2.0.  Nvme drives 'disappearing' after reboot is an issue with some of the old bios versions. Note: I had the same issue on the x370PG with the 1.5 bios.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 12:47pm

what do you mean in uefi mode? , I installed windows trough my ssd from my old computer, so I put the ssd from my old pc in my new build, booted the windows and in windows started the usb stick. then in the windows installer I formatted the ssd and choose the nvme ssd as the boot drive.

Why do you have two SSDs in the PC when you are trying to install Windows? That is the wrong way to do it, and causes problems.

Also, the way you described your installation process, if it that is true, does not make sense and is wrong. In Windows you started the USB stick? Where did you learn that? That cannot work.

As datonyb said, you must install Windows 10 in UEFI booting mode when using an NVMe SSD as the OS drive. You must select the entry in the UEFI/BIOS boot order for the USB Window installation media that looks like this: "UEFI: <flash drive name>".

Remove the 850 SSD from your old computer, which should never have been put in your new build at all. Two completely different systems since Ryzen is new, even if your old PC was an AMD build. I have no idea why you did that, all it did was cause problems for you.

Always install Windows with ONLY the new OS drive in the PC. You should be able to boot the Windows installer from the USB flash drive itself, I do that all the time. If you cannot boot/run the Windows installer from the USB flash drive, by selecting it in the boot order in the UEFI/BIOS, then it was not created correctly.
zjwenker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zjwenker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 2:48pm
Check the reply after that, I did the install again trough UEFI mode fully clean. It still causes the same problem.
zjwenker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zjwenker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by JohnV JohnV wrote:

So today I tried to start up my computer and got the error code 0xc000000e.

So while browsing the internet i came across a post telling that the problem mostly is that the motherboards settings aren't correct to see the drive where the windows is installed on,

( http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2744141/error-code-0xc000000e.html )

so I took a look in the bios and at the boot settings I cannot see my samsung nvme drive. 

So my question is,  where can I find the option to turn on Ahci mode?

Thanks in advance.

After reading the thread I'd like to know what Bios version you are on and if you had updated it >1.6 or 2.0.  Nvme drives 'disappearing' after reboot is an issue with some of the old bios versions. Note: I had the same issue on the x370PG with the 1.5 bios.

im using the latest bios 2.0
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic