ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Samsung B-Die C14 Suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 6:20pm
It makes no difference really. The jumper clears basic settings and the battery removal clears the RTC data as well as some deeper settings not accessable via the UI as well as basic settings. Generally I place the jumper in the clear position, remove the battery, let the system sit for an hour then put the jumper back to it's default position and replace the battery. All this with the power cord pulled from the system.
Kevin A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kevin A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 10:28pm
For your Mobo the User Manual(Yep... I'm one of 'those' - today at least... ) states:

CLRMOS1 allows you to clear the data in CMOS. To clear and reset the system parameters to default setup, please turn off the computer and unplug the power cord from the power supply. After waiting for 15 seconds, use a jumper cap to short pin2 and pin3 on CLRMOS1 for 5 seconds. However, please do not clear the CMOS right after you update the BIOS. If you need to clear the CMOS when you just finish updating the BIOS, you must boot up the system first, and then shut it down before you do the clear-CMOS action. Please be noted that the password, date, time, and user default profile will be cleared only if the CMOS battery is removed.

Enjoy.

Edited by Kevin A - 09 May 2017 at 11:24pm
LordStreetguru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordStreetguru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by AlbinoRhino AlbinoRhino wrote:

Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

[QUOTE=AlbinoRhino][URL=][/URL]

The Flare X is probably B-die
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232530

But it's the Trident Z 3200mhz CL 14 8x2GB kits that are B-die
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232205

The prices are just silly though
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 2:56am
Originally posted by LordStreetguru LordStreetguru wrote:

Originally posted by AlbinoRhino AlbinoRhino wrote:

[QUOTE=AlbinoRhino][URL=][/URL]

The Flare X is probably B-die
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232530

But it's the Trident Z 3200mhz CL 14 8x2GB kits that are B-die
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232205

The prices are just silly though

trident z 3200 c15 is also samsung b die
the only freak to the tridentz line at or over 3200 is the cl16 kit can be hynix
anything with lower latencies or higher speed seems to be all samsung b dies
3200 and cl15 should be found for £150/$150
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 3:05am
I have a 3600 B-Die Corsair vengeance kit all ready to roll once I get the parts together for my Ryzen build.

Model: CMK16GX4M2B3600C18(R)

The R just stands for Red so it isn't important in any way, it isn't any different to the "B" model (black).

Out of stock on newegg atm it seems. My kit came with the  Vengeance Airflow included so cost a bit more but it looks neat and you can color match it to red, blue, black and white builds so a nice touch.
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 6:19am
Once the Flare X gets delivered tomorrow I will have $530 worth of ram sitting on my desk. I still have a couple of weeks on my 30 day return policy so once I get back in country next week I'll be returning 2 sets of ram.

It has gotten expensive and even with the costs that have risen I'm actually considering holding onto the Corsair LED ram in hopes that it will one day actually work.
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 6:10am

Yes, definitely clear the CMOS while you are installing the FlareX. Before you start, save your UEFI options in a profile if you haven't done that already. You'll need to change the memory settings but at least you can restore the other easily with a profile.

Let the FlareX start at first with all Auto settings for the memory options. It should default to 2400 and 1.2V. Just to check if it is working fine out of the box, mine was fine.

I haven't tried using the XMP profile since even manually I could not get the memory to work at 3200. It might work now with the new UEFI version, I haven't tried it.

I don't know if you've seen this, but there is a new option for memory overclocking in the Advanced, AMD CBS screen, called DRAM Timing Configuration. I had to set the Overclock option in that screen to Enabled before any manual memory speed changes would be applied. You can also set the timings in that screen.

I set the memory speed manually to 2933, with timings of 14 14 14 14 34, DRAM Voltage of 1.35V. Yes there are four timings to set to 14, the final one, Tras, is 34.

Posts above have inspired me to try the XMP profile, wish me luck! Geek

Have you tried the XMP profile on Bios v2.30 yet?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic