ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4: Sleep doesn't work correctly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote needslipo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M Pro4: Sleep doesn't work correctly
    Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 10:38pm
I'm having a sleep issue where the computer won't wake from sleep if sleep is triggered by letting it idle. It doesn't seem to be entering sleep mode correctly since the monitor shuts off but the led's and fans stay on. 

If I trigger sleep manually via the Start Menu or by hitting the sleep button on my keyboard, sleep works perfectly; the led's/fans turn off and the computer goes to sleep and will wake up correctly with my mouse or keyboard.

I'm on the latest AGESA 1.0.0.6a firmware and have the CPU (1700) oc'ed to 3.8GHz and RAM at 2933 MHz. Windows power plan is set to performance.

Anyone have any suggestions?
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 1:59am
needslipo, Sleep works fine in my system - see specifications in signature.  Please be sure you are running AMD's latest chip set drivers which include a special Ryzen Power Plan.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 5:22am
Originally posted by needslipo needslipo wrote:

I'm having a sleep issue where the computer won't wake from sleep if sleep is triggered by letting it idle. It doesn't seem to be entering sleep mode correctly since the monitor shuts off but the led's and fans stay on. 

If I trigger sleep manually via the Start Menu or by hitting the sleep button on my keyboard, sleep works perfectly; the led's/fans turn off and the computer goes to sleep and will wake up correctly with my mouse or keyboard.

I'm on the latest AGESA 1.0.0.6a firmware and have the CPU (1700) oc'ed to 3.8GHz and RAM at 2933 MHz. Windows power plan is set to performance.

Anyone have any suggestions?

You are using Windows???

When using the Windows High Performance power plan, the default setting for "Put the computer to sleep:" is Never.

Did you change the default, Put the computer to sleep: setting in the High Performance power plan? Please check what it is set to now.

Given your description of the PC after (possibly) entering Sleep mode (fans running, etc), and the default Sleep setting for the High Performance power plan, it does not seem as if it is entering Sleep mode at all automatically.

What happens when you move or click the mouse when the PC is not actually in Sleep mode? Do you not get a signal to the monitor? You said the PC does not wake, so I assume that is what happens. What do you do to recover from that situation?
needslipo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote needslipo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

When using the Windows High Performance power plan, the default setting for "Put the computer to sleep:" is Never.

Ah you're right.. there is no sleep in High Performance mode. Embarrassed
However the monitor was set to shut off after 15 min - so I guess the computer was locking up while the monitor was off.

Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

Please be sure you are running AMD's latest chip set drivers which include a special Ryzen Power Plan.

I installed the latest chipset driver and switched to the Ryzen Balanced plan - the computer then froze while I was browsing the web. So then I bumped up the CPU voltage to 1.36 and it hasn't locked up since.

Funny thing is, the computer never froze during gaming or benchmarks.. only when it was doing little to nothing so I assumed the voltage was fine at the previous setting. I think maybe the voltage wouldn't need to be so high if this board had LLC Cry

Also sleep works if I let it idle! 

Thanks for the help guys! Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic