ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4 - Missing PCIe Link Speed parameter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 3:23pm
That issue with VM should be discussed on the VMWare forum. Or the cards manufacturer for proper drivers.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 3:49pm
You know what?

Make sure the the Default of Enabled isn't set for Virtualization in Windows itself.

There can only be one Virtualization "software' running at a time in Windows.
hapi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hapi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 4:43pm

Sorry, maybe I was not precise enough. I run vmware for other services, the both TV cards are not used in vmware. Can I run vmware without setting this CPU parameter in BIOS. Without I cannot start any VM.

MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 11:33pm
Hapi, your last post suggest you should make sure VMware is not using your TV card.  You do need the virtual setting in the BIOS to run VMs.  Maybe this is a VM problem.  Have you posted on the VMware forums?  Enjoy, John.

EDIT: wardog, where is this Virtualization setting in W10?

EDIT again: wardog, if you are talking about Hyper-V, this is a Feature that is turned off by default.

Edited by MisterJ - 29 Aug 2017 at 3:22am
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
hapi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hapi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 1:41pm

Dears, with all respect, but I am sure this is not a vmware issue. I am working in IT and some knowledge I have also. If the OS is not seeing the PCIe Card, why vmware should be the root cause? In VMware workstation it is not possible to use this kind of PCIe Cards in VMs. For such requirements VMware hyper-v is required (I already run such a setup in the passt). But it is not the case of this setup. I am using Win10. I can uninstall VMware an prove it, but I will mess up with such actions my setup for no reason. For Windows and the VMware on top of it I am sure it will not make absolutely any difference if I restart the PC or if I do a cold start. For BIOS however I think it could and also seems that it makes a difference.

Off topic: Currently I am not sure if the problem is the AMD platform or the ASrock motherboard only. But I am already sure, I will never buy such thing again. Most parameters are undocumented, parameters which appear to be necessary like PC link speed disappear or are renamed and nobody knows what to do. The motherboard has DVI and HDMI connector, but Video is not supported with the newest AMD CPU. WTF?! Ok, then I buy an old Video-Card, it's my fold if I did not ready all the disclaimers. Now the issue with this PCIe card, everything else should be the root cause, but for sure not the motherboard. If I use this slot, I cannot use the other. Take care, this is shared, bla bla... How much time I should invest to buy a motherboard? I choose on purpose not the cheapest one. I choose a board with enough PCIe slots and SATA slots and I expected that ?œPro??versions of a board, provide all necessary parameters to use standard hard ware. I did not use an M2 SDD, as at least this is documented, that it will block SATA and PCIe slot??Sorry for the complains now, but how many hours I am expected to invest to setup such a standard configuration?? Cry

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

EDIT: wardog, where is this Virtualization setting in W10?

EDIT again: wardog, if you are talking about Hyper-V, this is a Feature that is turned off by default.

It must be a hold over that mine here, Creators Ed, is Enabled by Default.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by hapi hapi wrote:

Sorry for the complains now, but how many hours I am expected to invest to setup such a standard configuration?? Cry

Well, not to throw salt into your wound, but server boards have more attention designed in to work with virtualization than desktop boards. That's not, NOT, me excusing away your concerns.

I've been at this for decades. Using two input cards as you are has been a PITA since I began computing. Some Users have succeeded. Others...well....... not so much.

I'm assuming you haven't contacted the cards manufacturers. You really should.
hapi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hapi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 5:10pm
I have contacted the manufaturer, he suggested for ASrock Mainboards to change PCIe Link Speed parameter to GEN1, they know the problem. As I did not find the parameter I opened this thread.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 11:42pm
hapi, I hope you understand that this is a forum of ASRock users not employees.  I strongly suggest you contact ASRock support and let them have it!  I think your complaints are VERY valid!  I have asked about all the undefined terms in the BIOS, receiving no help.  AMD support is very responsive.  Please open a inquiry with them also.  The posters here are very knowledgeable and helpful and often the right place for a quit solution.  Please let us know your outcome.  Good luck, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic