ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 How to switch from ACPI to IDE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kick7177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M Pro4 How to switch from ACPI to IDE
    Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 5:54pm
Hello, I get a hard drive and I want to switch from ACPI to IDE, how can i do this?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by kick7177 kick7177 wrote:

Hello, I get a hard drive and I want to switch from ACPI to IDE, how can i do this?

I'm sure you mean from AHCI to IDE, for the SATA mode. The short answer is, you cannot select IDE mode anymore on a new mother board. The IDE option has been removed (finally!) since it is not necessary.

AHCI mode was designed for standard, mechanical hard drives (HDDs.) Is your HDD not a SATA drive, and uses the old ribbon cable connection? If it is, you must be using a SATA to IDE adapter.

If your HDD is a SATA HDD, then you should use AHCI mode. It makes the drive faster. Using IDE mode, if you could, will make any SATA HDD slower.

ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 4:28pm
Dear kick7177,

Greetings, this is ASRock TSD.

AB350M Pro4 only supports RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 10), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug functions.

AMD Promontory B350 chipset does not support IDE mode.

We suggest installing AHCI mode on the system.

Thanks!

All the best,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 31 Aug 2017 at 4:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic