ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen Master vs BIOS Settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smrtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryzen Master vs BIOS Settings
    Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 10:27pm
With my AB350M and Ryzen 177+ADATA 3200 (2x8GB) and then using Ryzen Master to adjust the
RAM and CPU settings, I get a stable system and memory at 3200, but using the slightly
adjusted voltages and settings it provided in Ryzen Master - this seems normal.

And then tweaking and restarting the computer from there, use new settings fine.
I was able to benchmark with CINEBENCH to see how I am doing.  All good and I see how it works.

Shut the computer off and next day it won't POST, it does a few restarts and memory goes back
to 2400 and boots.

So how do I adjust the BIOS/RAM settings vs. Ryzen Master settings?  So even if I am not gaming,
I still get a reasonably fast system?  Seems like you have to use RM to keep adjust keep the
settings, restart with new settings/profile, and use that.

Joe_User View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe_User Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 11:25pm
Assuming that you have better results using Ryzen Master than the default memory OC profile in BIOS...

When you are happy with the results of Ryzen Master, use RTM to get a dump of the memory subtimings.  Make a hardcopy, use a custom memory setting in BIOS and save it in a profile.

smrtech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smrtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 11:55pm
OK, that makes sense, I really want to force it in the BIOS to be permanent behavior.

What is RTM?

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 12:37am
or plan B

the ram settings are whats the issue on your system
the timings you can get from a warm boot just wont work on a cold boot due to start up volatges etc being just that bit lower,and electrical resistances of warm/hot parts being different to the cold boot

i can get my ram to drop down to cl 14 timings all the time any time ad sit there doing whatever task or stress test i want .......but since april and several bios revisions and attempts with bios tweaks
IT WILL NOT COLD BOOT  at cl 14Angry

it is usual to find a problem trying to cold boot settings that work fine on warm restarts with ryzen
some will and some wont 'have it'
i helped a friend the other week overclock his crappy corsair ram from factory 2400 to 2933
and yes of course his starts cold every dam time .....grrrrrrr not my ram that cost twice as much no

anyways to sum up
try a little more volts on the ram and /or some looser timings eg cl18 instead of 16 or whatever yours is
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
nangu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nangu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 3:02am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

or plan B

the ram settings are whats the issue on your system
the timings you can get from a warm boot just wont work on a cold boot due to start up volatges etc being just that bit lower,and electrical resistances of warm/hot parts being different to the cold boot

i can get my ram to drop down to cl 14 timings all the time any time ad sit there doing whatever task or stress test i want .......but since april and several bios revisions and attempts with bios tweaks
IT WILL NOT COLD BOOT  at cl 14Angry

it is usual to find a problem trying to cold boot settings that work fine on warm restarts with ryzen
some will and some wont 'have it'
i helped a friend the other week overclock his crappy corsair ram from factory 2400 to 2933
and yes of course his starts cold every dam time .....grrrrrrr not my ram that cost twice as much no

anyways to sum up
try a little more volts on the ram and /or some looser timings eg cl18 instead of 16 or whatever yours is

Agree with this. In my case, I can't cold boot with my memory at the advertised spped: 1.35v

It works fine and stable at that voltage, but it doesn't cold boot. If I set it at 1.375v the cold boot is resolved tough :-(

Too many quirks on this platform :-) 

Edited by nangu - 06 Sep 2017 at 3:03am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic