ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4 CPU Power Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seahawksfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro4 CPU Power Issue
    Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 9:51am
Hi all, I'm having an odd issue.  When I plug the CPU 8 pin power into the motherboard, ev. spins up fine and then the motherboard/computer shuts down and powers back up on it's own.  When I boot up without the CPU power in it appears fine - although doesn't post.

I have everything imaginable including messing with the memory, removing the heatsink, removing the CPU and replacing it.  

The power supply is a Cooler Master 500w, Ryzen 3 and Corsair Dual 4GB Mem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 10:18am
Originally posted by seahawksfan seahawksfan wrote:

Hi all, I'm having an odd issue.  When I plug the CPU 8 pin power into the motherboard, ev. spins up fine and then the motherboard/computer shuts down and powers back up on it's own.  When I boot up without the CPU power in it appears fine - although doesn't post.

I have everything imaginable including messing with the memory, removing the heatsink, removing the CPU and replacing it.  

The power supply is a Cooler Master 500w, Ryzen 3 and Corsair Dual 4GB Mem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

The test without the CPU power cable connected is not valid, since the CPU does not run at all.

Have you cleared the UEFI/BIOS with the jumper on the board?

So does the PC start at all, after the board starts, stops, and then starts again? Or does it continually repeat the start - stop cycle?

Do you have an OS installed? Does the PC run normally after a start - stop - start cycle?

What is the full model name/number of your PSU? What video card are you using?

Sorry but not much detail in your description, difficult to know exactly what is happening.
seahawksfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seahawksfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 10:22am
Sorry I was so vague.  I have cleared the CMOS, no difference.

I do not get video at all, even with an older card.

The card I am trying to use is an ASUS Dual Radeon 580.  I have the PCIE power into it, however the fan doesn't run...not sure if that's a function of my all around issue.

I do have Win 10 installed on the hard drive, but I even tested without the hard drive plugged in and I get the same result.  PSU is a Cooler Master Materwatt Lite, 500 watt, Full Range.

Is it possible 500 watts is just not enough?  Could that be why it's doing this?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 10:46am
Originally posted by seahawksfan seahawksfan wrote:

Is it possible 500 watts is just not enough?  Could that be why it's doing this?

Without us knowing you system parts list, that'll be impossible to answer.
seahawksfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seahawksfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 9:50am
I am being told it's the CPU, we shall see.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic