ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M will not display video upon turn on

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeybuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M will not display video upon turn on
    Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:51am
Hey guys, just registered.

I have a serious issue with my ASRock AB350M motherboard, to where when I start it up it won't display anything through the graphics card.

My components are as follows:
PNY GeForce GT 710 2GB
8GB DDR4-2400 (one stick)
1TB Seagate HDD
ASUS DVD drive
Rosewill Wireless Adapter Card
Seasonic 520W 12V PSU
AMD A8-9600 APU

I built the PC, plugged everything in, turned it on, and no signal to the monitor. Fans work, even my extra 120mm fan. HDD spins, ODD opens on command. Even graphics card fan is spinning. I don't seem to see any LEDs on the motherboard, nor any beep speakers. So no lights or beeps from the board. Even the Ethernet light turns on. The motherboard doesn't reboot, it just stays on.

I have no idea what's happening, there was a post just like this on this forum but the person who posted it didn't explain how they got it to work. I have looked all over YouTube, Google, and all I seem to find is the Pro 4 version.

Please help!
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:04am
we will need extra info please

for starters what port on the graphics card are you using
e,g hdmi/digital/vga

what monitor or tv are you using and what port ?

simple things to check while replying are
if a tv have you tried changing the tv sets source input on the remote control
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
monkeybuggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeybuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:06am
Thank you very much for the reply.

I'm using an AOC 19" monitor, purely VGA. This, it's connected to the card via VGA.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:08am
can you connect it to a tv via a hdmi cable for testing purpose ?

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeybuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:21am
I did, and turned both on. No signal on the TV, even when HDMI was selected as the input.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:35am
ok so thats ruled out the chance of a problem with the connections and methods of connections from source to display

right back to basics now
remove ram and reinsert it (this on the am4 boards needs quite a lot more force than what older ddr2 etc ram sticks used to need)
try it in slot a2 and also in slot a1

check that you have both the 24 pin power connected fully AND  the 8 pin extra cpu connector (ALSO CHECK THE 8 PIN IS THE EXTRA CPU POWER AND NOT THE PCIE 8 PIN we already had this issue this week)

remove any dvd/hdd/nvme drives for the moment
remove and reinsert the graphics card making sure its seated fully (shine a torch down at the bottom connector to see the copper pins are equally pushed in along the row)

pull that wifi card out and leave it out for the moment

lastly one by one and treble check all of those front panel connectors are in the right pins
eg pwr switch / power led/ reset switch/hdd led)

now try a boot (remember the boards very first post does take a few minutes to sort out its own settings on ryzen)

Edited by datonyb - 05 Oct 2017 at 1:37am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeybuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:59am
Oh my God thank you so so much! I've been so frustrated with this. I followed your instructions to the teeth and it worked!

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:03am
Big smile
another satisfied customer

ok so now gradually replace/connect up things that you have left out

eg had drive
then dvd
then wifi
etc if it fails to boot at any stage you have found whats causing the issue

i suspect maybe you had a bad connection somewhere ,but maybe the wifi card is knocking something out

please let us know how it turns out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeybuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:43am
I put everything back in its original place, however when I took the mobo out and put the RAM back in I heard a certain click, and it took a whole lot of effort to put that sucker in.

It probably was the RAM, but now everything is in place and working perfectly!
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 3:05am
yes this new am4-ddr4 socket needs a lot of pressure to seat them properly

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic