ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Low core speed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chinodus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Low core speed
    Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 12:13pm
Hello. a few days ago I bought the ASRock AB350M Pro4 motherboard and the Ryzen 1600 processor.
Immediately updated the BIOS to the latest version (3.10).
But when I ran the computer, I ran into a problem.
The processor frequency does not rise above 1546 MHz. The multiplier is 15.5, respectively.
I tried reset BIOS settings, tried to roll back to an earlier BIOS version, turned on / off CPU and RAM overclocking. None of this helped.
I tried to use the advice from the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIPIbl81x-Q
Tried some other options, which right now I do not remember. What else can I do? I already despaired and I sit on the problem for two days.
Or, perhaps, ASRock knows about such a problem and in the near future there will be an update?

P.S. sorry for the mistakes, English is not my native language
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:39am
it seems to be a bug in newer ryzen cpus

asrock apperently now have a buggy cpu to run testing with

but it should run stock bios at proper stock cpu speeds

do you mean 'when' you try to overclock it sticks at 1550 mhz ?
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Chinodus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chinodus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 2:45am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

do you mean 'when' you try to overclock it sticks at 1550 mhz ?

in BIOS the processor frequency is displayed correctly, for example, 3200. But when the computer is already on, the frequency is unchanged - 1546 MHz. This frequency is in both idle time and when I do stress tests. Regardless of whether I am overclocking the processor. This is very bad. As a result even the processor on my old laptop is ultimately more powerful...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic